Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superior Firearms, LLC; anyone ever use them?

S391

I was just curious if anyone has ever used Superior Firearms in Louisville, KY for any gunsmithing work? They offer a package for S&W revolvers that looks pretty good. Since Carmoney is no longer tuning guns I'm on the hunt for a new smith. They claim 2 week turnaround and I like what I hear when I've talked with them but I figure it never hurts to get some feedback from those who have used them.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about them if it's just for a fun gun I would say go with whoever. If it's a gun for competition send it to apex. Yeh there's gonna be a longer wait but there's a reason for that. there wait time is typically a little shorter then they quote.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the gun back this morning and I couldn't be happier. The action is butter-smooth and the work is flawless. I'll try to post some pics when I get home later tonight.

Superior Firearms bobbed the hammer, re-crowned the barrel, chamfered the cylinders, re-contoured the trigger and polished the internals. The action is fantastic. I had the gun back in my hands 2 weeks to the day after I sent it.

IMG_3126.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg