Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why don't we ditch ALL of the classifiers and...

I too do NOT like the idea of a single classifier. ESPECIALLY if it were to be "Far & Near."

Like many, I have mixed emotions about Far & Near. Seems to me it is not representative of typical shooting/stages. Is it "eye opening" fun and will I shoot it? Yes, of course. But it is virtually a one-of-a-kind stage.

I do like the idea of more classifiers requiring movement.

I suspect/figure I'm a very solid C class shooter, but am classified as a lower B class shooter. Oh well, I guess I need to improve and become more competitive in B class!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a local match I've setup what I labeled as "Half Ass Standards", it was Far and Near minus the 50 yard shots. The rest was the same and you did it in one string. No par time just straight up time plus penalties for poor hits/procedural's/etc... I liked it. Others may not have but I think it is much more revealing to have to move on the clock and perform those same skills.

To play devils advocate I will point out that compared to the IDPA classifier Far and Near is very short. Sure it is multiple strings but it isn't that many shots and it goes pretty quick.

I want to see this sport grow. I like it. To me that means questioning the status quo and looking for fixes. I plan on starting similar topics regarding the target we use and the equipment divisions.

-ld

• 10 months later...

Far and Near has been shot with and without par times at the IRC, it might be fun to try it once as one string. I would like to see more classifiers that contain steel and movement. I realize not all clubs have steel but they would not be required to shoot them. The classifiers are usually the least fun stage at a match maybe we could come up with some that are a little more fun. The current classifier system seems to do a good testing accuracy but not so good a job testing other skills that are required to do well.

tt

ICORE will take into consideration all new classifier requests. Please send to the Competitions Director Mel Chan. Her email is on the website.

david