Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which low pro adj gas block are you using?

GreenDragon64

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niiiice. I shot 300rds through the other day and it got stuck. I had to use pliers to break it loose. I think I'm going to spray CLP in the gas tube and do a couple turns every time after shooting

Off topic, but that satern barrel shot 5 77SMKs at .6moa at 200 on a hot barrel the other day with a 6x scope. Pretty happy with it.

Edited by OscarMike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems that SLR Sentry is pretty popular here and it is also the GB to be in my current build :)

Has anyone installed the SLR Sentry 7 Clamp-On model under slim freefloat rails?

Mine will be installed under the slim Leapers UTG Pro Keymod float (1.3" ID) and if I measured correctly, there is at least 1mm clearance..

Final verdict will be concluded after I can see how much (if any) the float bend, but I don't yet have the receivers to attach the barrel and float.

For the interested: I have some hi-res pictures of the SLR Sentry 7 on our IPSC team site: http://special.squad.fi/slr-sentry7/

I installed the Sentry 7 clamp-on under a MI M-Lok ultralight, and it just cleared. So you should be ok with the UTG Pro rail.

Edited by NoKimberDave

Is it common to have to adjust these often? I would have figured they'd be a set it and forget it component (outside of large temp swings or load changes)... I was all set to go for the JP/Syrac or SLR, but if these require mass attention to be reliable, I may forgo the mod.

I have a Syrac Gen 1, I have about 9000 rounds through the rifle with this gas block. I run a low mass BCG with a Taccom LW rifle buffer and a standard rifle buffer spring. I run hand loads with IMR 8208 XBR powder which is not temperature sensitive.

I never have to adjust the gas block. The rifle runs flawless in any temperature, I have shot this rifle from -5 degrees to 110 degrees. I do check the gas block adjustment screw from time to time and it has not locked up yet.

• 1 month later...