Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 easy slide movement when cocked?

mwx40x40

I am new to the XDM platform and bought a used one a few weeks ago. Just had a chance to look at it and noticed that when you rack the slide and it is cocked the slide can easily move back a 1/4" or so, then when I dry fired it , or once the striker is released, it seems firmly locked up. I have been shooting a glock and never noticed anything like this. tension on the glock slide seems to be the same whether it is "cocked" or not.

Is this normal for an XDM. Is it because the striker is now pre-cocked and the glock still has to move it back when the trigger is pulled?

Browsed thru the XD forum here and did not see what anything.

I am new to the XDM platform and bought a used one a few weeks ago. Just had a chance to look at it and noticed that when you rack the slide and it is cocked the slide can easily move back a 1/4" or so, then when I dry fired it , or once the striker is released, it seems firmly locked up. I have been shooting a glock and never noticed anything like this. tension on the glock slide seems to be the same whether it is "cocked" or not.

Is this normal for an XDM. Is it because the striker is now pre-cocked and the glock still has to move it back when the trigger is pulled?

Normal.

Normal.

Cool., took it for a test spin today . Forgot to mention putting PRP ultimate drop in trigger. Trigger is Sweeeeet running CCI primed reloads in mixed brass 120 no light strikes. Not an acid test , but I was pleasantly pleased.