Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.22 Mini-Mags in stock at Gander mountain

David.Hylton

• 4 weeks later...

LGS today had 36 gr MiniMags, ~$12/100, limit 500 at one of the major vendors (Miwall). Other vendors had no limit on Winchester standard velocity fare, at prices averaging 10 cents a round. Primers were available (Winchester, all varieties at $110/5K plus local tax), and that rarest of birds, Vihtavouri N320, was spotted in 16 oz plumage, along with its Australian cousin, the one pound Titegroup.

Not cheap, except the primers, but availability is now somewhat better than absolutely horrid. While not back to normal, at least the natural order of things is no longer bass akwards, in that, for the first time in quite a while, prices have shifted enough that it is again cheaper for me to shoot .22 than it is to load and shoot centerfire for practice.

I must be in the best area in the country. I've bought 16 pounds of pistol powder over the summer, small pistol primers are $24/1k, and I somehow managed to only buy ~7-8,000 .22lr in the same amount of time. Passed up on many thousands of rounds as well because I had already found enough for my needs.