Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Similarities between CZ's and Sphinxes

EatsEverything

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, I think they do, the CZ 16-rounders and above definitely do with a gap, which can be filled with an sp01 basepad. I'll verify later today....and I think I just remembered FSGW has some pictures of cz mag fit on page 1 with pictures.

Yes the Sphinx compact mags work in the P01, they just have a gap at the bottom. I can't verify if the CZ mags work in the Sphinx because CGW has my SDP right now. I have a picture just don't know how to attach/post it.

Edited by Pc1663

Yes. The Sphinx mag (the tube with no basepad) is a little longer than the cz p01 mag (tube). The difference in the thickness of the basepads give them the appearance of the same size.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pc1663, did you get your Sphinx back from David at CGW yet and if so how is it working? I talked to David via email a couple of weeks ago and he said they did some adjustments to their springs (thinner wire on FP spring and thicker wire on hammer spring) and that the springs should be in in a couple of days (at that point). I have not heard anything else from him. I guess I am going to have to re-buy the spring set to get the newer springs, but I'd like to know if they work before I do.

I left the CGW springs in it and I'm ok as long as I don't shoot hard primer ammo. However, I did have some issues with some Federal 115 grain aluminum case ammo getting occasional light strikes recently - I'm wondering if they use different primers on the aluminum case stuff or if they farm out production of that ammo to someone who doesn't use Federal primers. I didn't realize it was aluminum cased until I opened the box at the range and I bought 1000 rounds of it by that time. Note to self: have reading glasses with you even at Walmart.

Edited by rhart123

STICKER SHOCK!

I just found the SDP Production for sale online... $2,380.00 for steel duotone! $2,280.00 for black Production! HOLY SCHNYKERS! I guess I'm out of this game... I fold. They come with four magazines though (what a deal).

If I hit the lottery really big I may re-enter the race.

Edited by rhart123

That's an Australian site. Those are AUSD, not USD. More like $1755 for the Black.

Plus that probably includes the 10% GST(similar to the VAT)

So now you're looking at $1600 US before taxes.

Edited by haiedras

The full size/production model will be sick. I shot an SDP compact alpha last week and I'm tempted to order one, but I should wait for a full size. Super tight tolerances, fantastic grip feel. Double action is heavy and stack, but I'm sure that can be fixed up. Single action is really good.

My SDP Compact DA trigger pull was way to heavy for my tastes. Mine was over 11 lbs DA and 5.5 lbs SA and I even bought it used. A CGW spring kit fixed that easily to 8.25/4.5 lbs now. The full size SDP is listed as the same trigger pull weights as the Compact so I would assume trigger pulls would be similar, but easily fixed with different springs. The Production model though lists 6.1/3.3 lbs trigger pulls!

Just installed the CGW spring kit in my SDP Compact, it made a huge difference. Can't wait to get it back out to the range.

One thing tho- I noticed that my firing pin retainer pin (the pin that goes cross-wise through the slide) has a dent where it has been being struck by the firing pin, most likely due to my dry firing.

post-47293-0-84503500-1432829297_thumb.j