Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accountant resigns over $144,000 in missing receipts

Lee G

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still curious how a letter from an employee to the BOD gets to a person that is not on the BOD and then gets on FB.

Agreed.

One observation here, expense accounts do sometimes have entries that lack receipts. That doesn't mean that they should be left unreconciled - the expenses should be documented and either be approved or denied promptly.

I'm trying to not take sides, but it's hard to not look at this is sloppy bookkeeping. And an auditor should not be letting something like this pass.

Where are the links that show two BOD directors "resigned in large part due to issues with the ED as well?"

Links? There is still such a thing as talking to a person, it is not yet forbidden. The A1 and A6 Directors resigned after a motion was made, and defeated, specifically regarding the ED.

Now the Face Book posting is not available ? (The letter is still available on the phobucket link)

If you're talking about the posting on the A6 page, it is still available. Those who have wondered about how Charles Bond got his hands on it, that is a VERY good question. I'm sure a lot of members would like to know how that happened.

I'd certainly like to know how it got into the public domain as well. I am also concerned about legal action of the employee. Resignation under duress, in some states, is the same as wrongful termination, especially if there is a Whistle Blower statute in Washington, and she said she had legal counsel.

Edited by MarkCO

Given the proclivity toward drama I wouldn't be shocked to find out that the ap clerk resigned due to other personality conflicts and just used this issue to cause problems. Who better to help you give Uspsa a black eye than Charles Bond and the A6 Facebook page?

Given the proclivity toward drama I wouldn't be shocked to find out that the ap clerk resigned due to other personality conflicts and just used this issue to cause problems. Who better to help you give Uspsa a black eye than Charles Bond and the A6 Facebook page?

I was thinking the exact same thing myself. I've seen numerous examples of people quitting and trying to shift the blame to someone else. Although the fact that she sought legal council is rather unique, as well as the fact that she sent the letter to her legal council as well.

I was thinking the exact same thing myself. I've seen numerous examples of people quitting and trying to shift the blame to someone else. Although the fact that she sought legal council is rather unique, as well as the fact that she sent the letter to her legal council as well.

Certainly possible, and why I am concerned. Given the multiple issues that have faced USPSA in the past few months, I think there already is a black eye. Given that USPSA is a firearms organization, the resigning employee referred to other issues in the resignation letter and the fact that she has legal counsel, to me, it muddies the waters significantly if the intent is to build a legal case against USPSA. Given all of that, it might be a simple explanation, and it might be something nefarious. For those reasons alone, regardless of whether or not there was any impropriety by USPSA executives, staff or contractors, it sure seems like the right thing to do would be to hire a 3rd party to sort it out and issue a report that the members, staff and BOD will all be guaranteed to see.

If USPSA personnel are in the clear, done deal. If not, the evidence will be present to clean house.

I'm also leaning in this direction, seems like there are a lot of personality conflicts these days though.

Chess...not checkers.

Maybe Corn and Bond already knew about the missing $144,000 before the 2 area directors quit???

And they quit knowing that the book keeper lady was going to resign next and a public spectacle was going to be made about it now.

Point of clarification - From my understanding there is no "missing" $144K. Simply $144k that isn't reconciled into proper expense accounts. Pretty big difference.

I would love to know where Bond got this info. If the AP clerk emailed it to him it sure looks like she knew right where to go to cause problems. That speaks to me about the motivations of the source.