Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VersaMax Competition Extended lifter

DaveG

Wanted to get other inputs on this, I've been told by a few that the TTI Benelli AccuGuide Extended Carrier will work on the VersaMax (Competition). On the TTI site it even lists it as compatible with VersaMax. I have attached Both Brownells and TTI site pictures for reference. With military discount at Brownells the price drops to 55 bucks. What do you think? Thanks for the help.

post-46795-0-86245000-1410881121_thumb.j

post-46795-0-53444900-1410881138_thumb.j

post-46795-0-70861800-1410881152_thumb.j

It will fit the Versamax. The trouble is that the Versamax loading port is longer to accomadate 3.5" shells while the Benelli loads 3" max. The result will be more space in front of the lifter when used on the Versamax and still a risk to grab your thumb.

Ever hear of SKY TAC?- Southern Kentucky Tactical - CJ Smith- gunsmith.

Got mine from him- he has new ones in stock,

no need to send yours out, so there is no turn

around times.

He's on FB- located in Bowling Green KY.

1-270-246-3672

Edited by Rolex

As some people have mentioned some shops can not get them right. I have had 3 gun shops that we're having trouble getting them right. I now do all 3 of their work and have had zero issues. As of today I have never had anyone have a problem with one of my lifters. Just make sure you choose a place with a good reputation and you will be fine.

Edited by cjsmith223

Is hawking products and work outside of the vendors forum acceptable now? wasnt this frowned on?

It pissed me off that a new shootercant go anywhere and just get informed opinions without sales pitches.

Not picking on you cjsmith123, seems like everytime I come to visit BE the most prolific posters are the most vested.

My name was brought up so I told him what I do and how he can contact me. And like I said in my second post. Use someone with a good reputation. Like stated above Jeff at c rums does great work to. I don't want to see anyone send their parts to some unknown shop and end up with junk.

word.

Im just getting touchy. a lot of sharks in these waters

I agree- lots of names get thrown into this forum. But that's also how all of us get our information, and find who's good and who's not.

I and other's have used CRums, great person to deal with and his product works,

What I liked about cjsmith is he has new factory lifters in stock all modified and ready to ship- less turn around time, and I still have my original,

to modify or keep as is.

I would never recommend a person or product that I have not personally used myself in the real world. Hence why I threw in his name and number.

I aslo know that we, as members of the Enos forum, are not to sell for non- members, or push products for a company that is not listed on the dealer list.

And for this I shall give an apology.

I'm going to go against everyone here and say it depends on the size of your thumb. Short has been an excellent way to go on mine, my thumbs do not get caught and the extra leverage I get from the shells loading higher in the port help me shove them in the tube easier.

That being said, the competition tactical does not seem worth it, it's still long enough to Chinese Finger Trap your thumb and it won't make shell loading any easier (if anything, the opposite)

However, from a physics standpoint the Competition Tactical lifter should be more reliable than the C-Rums. Notice the substantial depression at the end of the Remington lifter? That guides the shells into the chamber. Without it, the gun can not be as reliable. Notice how I wrote this now . . . your gun may be perceived reliable, but it can not be as reliable. I still think cutting down the prongs on the stock lifter is the best way to go. You preserve chamber guidance and it's short enough to not catch an average person's thumb.

Edited by Whoops!

Agree Whoops. It also depends on how far forward the load port is cut. I run my Versamax lifter stock because IMO the reliability of the stock lifter can not be beat. I have not had an issue with hanging a thumb but mine is ported to the max also. The extended lifters will sometimes pick up the nose of the shell too high for smooth chambering also.

• 3 years later...
On 9/20/2014 at 1:43 PM, Whoops! said:

I'm going to go against everyone here and say it depends on the size of your thumb. Short has been an excellent way to go on mine, my thumbs do not get caught and the extra leverage I get from the shells loading higher in the port help me shove them in the tube easier.

That being said, the competition tactical does not seem worth it, it's still long enough to Chinese Finger Trap your thumb and it won't make shell loading any easier (if anything, the opposite)

However, from a physics standpoint the Competition Tactical lifter should be more reliable than the C-Rums. Notice the substantial depression at the end of the Remington lifter? That guides the shells into the chamber. Without it, the gun can not be as reliable. Notice how I wrote this now . . . your gun may be perceived reliable, but it can not be as reliable. I still think cutting down the prongs on the stock lifter is the best way to go. You preserve chamber guidance and it's short enough to not catch an average person's thumb.

I appreciate you sharing this viewpoint, as I was under the same impression. I have another thread going on Enos about the Competition carrier, and right now I'm between going factory, C-Rums, or  Competition carrier. Been reading and reading about these three and it seems that it's to each his own.

I have yet to be bit by the factory one in there now (with the Vacuum port by RCI X-Rail) and may  just run that for some time and take my chances. I suppose that's fine and dandy until I take a chunk out of my thumb!

• 1 month later...