Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Star

gmantwo

• 3 weeks later...

If you are looking to purchase a 'Texas Star' I can strongly recommend the Ashton design currently produced by GT Targets. MGM Does an OUTSTANDING job on just about everything they build, but the Texas Star from Ashton/GT is much better. At the two clubs where we regularly shoot and MD matches, we have two Ashton stars at one and two MGM stars at the other. The MGMs don't always release cleanly resulting where as the Ashton model seems to be more trouble free. Granted,t eh MGM system is likely more 'bulletproof' it just doesn't perform as well.

I have no idea anymore what either one cost us. I do know that we bought the first one out at PASA Park at the Nationals and carted it home, must be 8 years or more ago. We just now bought new arms and plates. More to have spares than any other reason. we were able to rebuild everything that needed it on the originals. We're just cautious and we are thinking of a couple 'interesting' uses for the extra arms and plates.

Yep the MGM ones are mostly broken. You can shoot the center of the star and knock over half the plates. You can shoot the arms and knock over the plates. As much as I like our other MGM steel, the GT one is the right answer.

Price is not going to be cheap though. I think they are like $650 or so.

Edited by Vlad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...