Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Feelers for a revolver match

Some of you may or may not know that Mississippi has held an ICORE revolver match for several years. They have held the Mississippi Cup and then the Southern Regional. Next year the Southern is moving to Florida and the Mississippi crew wants to do something really different. Speaking with Danny and Chris several times since May we have bounced a few different formats off of each other. One was a USPSA revolver match on Saturday followed by an ICORE match on Sunday. This past weekend Danny said he wanted it to be like a backyard BBQ. Just a bunch of revolver shooters getting together to shoot. Low entry fee no prize table just some cash payouts and make just enough to cover the cost. He didn't care if it was sanctioned or not. But we want to know how many revo shooters would come just south of Jackson for a 10 or so stage revolver only match followed by food and beer? Categories would include open revo, 6+ minor, 6 major. Chris said we might even male a snub nose side match. Danny said we might even pay a little more out if you bring out your dusty old 6 shot. What do you guys think? Would you attend this type of match?

Edited by ChrisC

I had great time last Saturday & ya'll got luck on the cool weather. I can drag two more if its in one of the last two weekends of October. :-D

Most of my club members shoot the Glock matches - we are beginners and old. So any time its cooler it's better!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see all the interest for the match. I'm hoping to get a lot of 6 shooters . I'll be talking to magnoial rifle and pistol club at the end of the year,to make sure we can get adate on the schedule. It will probably the around the same time as the southern regionals was , sometime in September. So I will let you all know. Maybe I can get our stage designer to work on some fun stages he very good at coming up with some wild ones