Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How about an auto fed auto drive single stage?

jmorris

• 2 weeks later...

I used to use a dip lube with this sizer, so I didn't have to lube size.

However, I do use the hi-tek coating now, glad some one started offering it.

Makes me wonder how much money David Long would have made just selling his coating to casters vs just on his bullets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

THAT is just too cool! Now, the challenge......Fabricate something starting out with a magma caster, and have sized ESPC come out the other end. I do believe something like that would be worth a LOT of money. Would definitely answer the old question of how to commercialize production powder coated boolits. I have an image in my head of how it might be done, at least with a short, fat boolit like a 45 acp, just have no where near the chops or resources to take the time to try and engineer something like that.

THAT is just too cool! Now, the challenge......Fabricate something starting out with a magma caster....

I didn't want to spend the coin on a master caster when I started casting (didn't know if I would stick with it or not) and they are manually operated anyway.

So I built this machine, it sits next to the sizer in #11 on my casting cart.

With the two machines, one casting while the other is sizing, allows me to coat at the same time.

Edited by jmorris

From the video, looks like a 14 second cycle time. 3600/14 = 257/hr.

Depends on the pour time but the above is correct for the 230g 45 bullets being cast. 257 cycles an hour, using a two bullet mold like that one, that's 514 bullets an hour.