Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle build?

dhunt91

So I think I have finaly decided on my rifle build tell me what you all think of it...

Aero percision upper and lower match with titanium crekote

Voodoo innovations 16" ultra light rifle gas

Young mf super light bcg

Ace ultra light rifle lenthg buffer stock

Diamond head vrs rail

Adj gas block

And tac on ul rifle kit buffer

Whatcha think?

Any problems with this build ?

cmc straight

or i may pull the curved timmney outta the dpms3g2 i put it in.

more worried about the rifle gas and rifle buffer with low mass parts functioning reliable than anything

I have a few off the CMC triggers and have been really happy with them. As for the low mass stuff it's all trail and error. I used a RCA light weight BCG and rifle buffer with the weights removed. I tinkered with the adjustable gas block a little and it is shooting n ice and flat. I haven't had any failures yet..... knock on wood.....

You should be good to go with the adj gas block once you have everything dialed in. Im using a Seekins adjustable with my voodoo low mass carrier and taccom ulw buffer. Runs great and couldn't be happier with my setup. You wont be disappointed.

+1 on the CMC straight trigger, it might just be my stubby fingers but I seem to have better and more consistent finger placement with it than any curved units. And mine came with fancy new screw secured trigger pins instead of the pita to install C-clip pins they used to have.

You are going to like the rifle length gas system on the 16" barrel. You might have to run warmer ammo than say Wolf, Tula, or PMC, but stuff like Federal AE223 or XM193 will make it hum like a top! It is going to be soft and fast!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

All the parts came in Friday went today to the gunsmith to get the barrel but on and guess what!!!!

THE FREAKING UPPER RECIEVER BENT!!!! at the slot when it was torqued on to 50 pounds.

Now the bolt wont chamber this sucks i need this fixed for a match in a month.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

All the parts came in Friday went today to the gunsmith to get the barrel but on and guess what!!!!

THE FREAKING UPPER RECIEVER BENT!!!! at the slot when it was torqued on to 50 pounds.

Isn't that gunsmith error? How much you paying him?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Holy crap! Did he not use an AR vice block?

I had no issue going over 80ftlb on my crappy $39 PSA upper (the wrench broke first) using a proper vise block...

If he didn't use a vice block he owes you an upper.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

He should have been using a reaction rod. In my opinion he owes you a new upper.

he was using a upper block and a torque wrench
shot a pm to the upper company on fb and they suggested shimming it with aluminum.

I did not have any and had several ppl tell my bras was fine so I made a shim and all is well as of right now.

Get a new upper, fast. I would be worried about their heat treat.

?????? huh

To my mind if the receiver got damaged with 50lb of force I would suspect there is something wrong with it, assuming the gunsmith didn't do anything crazy.

he said he used 50 pounds but i know for a fact he did not use a torque wrench or a reaction bar

called up the company they are gonna send me a new upper monday

I went and bought all the tools myself not letting this jack wagon smith touch it again

Is it just me, or does something not sound right? How is it even possible to have the barrel locating pin dimple the slot in the upper from tightening a barrel nut?

The only way to cause this type of damage should be from over tightening a muzzle device, or removing a stuck muzzle device. (of course, using a barrel clamp, would eliminate that issue).

What am I missing here?

Mick