Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore Android 1.2.19 Available

wgnoyes

Features:

• Score history recording, sync and updated score review UI
  • Replaced list tap and hold actions with visible menu icons
  • Squad number count (0000142)
  • Shooter class is not set from history (0000383)
  • Editing competitor info rearranges order on sync after sort (0000394)
  • Disable class selection when no classes enabled for the match
  • USPSA Done does not dismiss additional penalties numeric keypad (0000389)
  • USPSA Obsolete Match Levels in New Match Definition (0000393)
  • Steel Challenge interoperability with iOS when string time is not entered on miss stop plate
  • Steel Challenge better scores recovery when stage string count edited
Additional undocumented "Easter Egg" (and this one's significant!):
  • Reset, restore or reassign scores for all match types.
That means if you enter a score for the wrong guy, you can copy that score to the correct guy without re-entering it from nothing, and then zero out the wrong guy's score entry.

This build may have really been tested enough. It was used to score the Area 7 Championships and did fine.

We could have used the reassign score feature this past Saturday instead we used the back of a target to record hits :).

A pen and paper are still your best friend even with all the wiz bang stuff out there.

Agreed. We also had to deal with rain so the tablet dude would stay under the shelter and record scores and the scoring RO would just yell out hits and times.

ok Bill...how do you get to the" Easter Egg"? Sounds like a feature I could have used many times.

Go to a stage where have scores, tap on a shooter. When the screen loads look to the upper right hand corner and you should see 3 "dots" tap that and you'll get three menu options. Reset, Reassign to another shooter and reassign to another stage.

ok Bill...how do you get to the" Easter Egg"? Sounds like a feature I could have used many times.

Go to a stage where have scores, tap on a shooter. When the screen loads look to the upper right hand corner and you should see 3 "dots" tap that and you'll get three menu options. Reset, Reassign to another shooter and reassign to another stage.

Thanks!

I'm having problems with this update scoring IDPA. After entering the time and scoring targets, when I press review the app crashes. Testing using a USPSA match the app works fine. Any insight as to what I can do to fix this?

All right, here you go:

• Reset, restore or reassign scores for all match types. Go to a stage and tap on a shooter having the wrong score. When the screen loads look to the upper right hand corner and you will see 3 "dots". Tap that and to see 3 menu options. Reset, Reassign to another shooter, and reassign to another stage.

Documentation completed.

Please add to the change log within the program, the website, and update description in google play for the build#.

Interestingly, the Reassign to another Shooter is a two-step process -- it's a "copy" function rather than a "move", so after you do the copy you have to do a Reset on the original guy. I like this, for the careful types it's a chance to compare what was copied over -- then you do a Reset and move on. Very slick.

I'm a bit concerned there's no logic checking or error notification behind the "Reassign to another Stage" -- the process appears to try to dump hits and times as best it can, but there is no visual indication when it runs into a mismatch problem (i.e. copying from a 32-round stage over to a 12 round stage). Not a huge deal, because once again it doesn't get rid of the original data where it was first stored.

Oh, and the updates to the Edit Shooters/Squads are fantastic -- I now have no reason to use EZWin before the match, it is simple to see which squads are heavy and quick to move around the straglers.

Well done Euxx and the PS team!

Interestingly, the Reassign to another Shooter is a two-step process -- it's a "copy" function rather than a "move", so after you do the copy you have to do a Reset on the original guy. I like this, for the careful types it's a chance to compare what was copied over -- then you do a Reset and move on. Very slick.

I'm a bit concerned there's no logic checking or error notification behind the "Reassign to another Stage" -- the process appears to try to dump hits and times as best it can, but there is no visual indication when it runs into a mismatch problem (i.e. copying from a 32-round stage over to a 12 round stage). Not a huge deal, because once again it doesn't get rid of the original data where it was first stored.

We can improve on this in the future, but from my observations, people usually ignore any warnings. So, instead of giving those warnings the app stores original score into the history before making adjustments according to stage configuration. Zack hit into this when he was adding and removing strings to the stages that been already scored...

Glad you liked the new shooter editing stuff. I still have few things to add there, but Nook's old API is slowing me down.

This build may have really been tested enough. It was used to score the Area 7 Championships and did fine.

I can confirm that; I scored approximately 200 shooters at A7 on this version and didn't have a single hiccup. That was the normal USPSA stuff so I have no idea about IDPA/SCCA functionality.

Bill, Am I missing something? Ez creates a file that one uploads using the USPSA website for the activity file, IOs version of Practiscore creates the same file. You save that file and upload it through the website. EzWin is not required.

I haven't checked recently, it's been an odd match year at my club, but can the iOS version create the full match results upload or just the activity report for classifiers?

I think it does the Activity report, but you can't post the results to USPSA. We don't do that so i don't care, our results only post on our own site. We MAY someday post to Practiscore as well, but so far all our stuff winds up in one easy to follow place. Results go back on line for years. We used to post the stage designs as well, probably should restart that.

Bill, Am I missing something? Ez creates a file that one uploads using the USPSA website for the activity file, IOs version of Practiscore creates the same file. You save that file and upload it through the website. EzWin is not required.

That's correct, for the activity credit reporting file. Neither version of PS, however, creates the MATCH RESULTS upload file for uploading actual readable MATCH RESULTS to uspsa.org.

Shh, Bill just loves [h]is Ez.

I love that I can by-god reliably score any size match with ezwinscore, yes. But practiscore is approaching that point now, as well, albeit still with a fair amount of nervousness and worry about picking and running a stable release. However ezws still has PS beat hands down for registration, squadding, reporting, and interaction with the uspsa.org website. And in my opinion, the match results out of PS are still wrong. DQ's should be listed on stage and overall results at the absolute bottom of the list, and in PS they sometimes are not.