Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Western States Revolver?

What's it take to make it level 2? Western states is the only dedicated revo match in USPSA besides nationals. What can we do to make it as big as nationals? How do we get all the top shooters there? Prize table?

What's it take to make it level 2? Western states is the only dedicated revo match in USPSA besides nationals. What can we do to make it as big as nationals? How do we get all the top shooters there? Prize table?

The rulebook explains what is needed for each match level. Everything else takes work! Contact Rio and ask if you can help.

Later,

Chuck

the Top shooter is there Robbie The western state only has plaques given to the top shooters to keep the price down. This is something I like, you get a big match for a low fee. keep the prize table out of the picture and enjoy the match. The 2013 was a outlaw match as we had 8-shot revo's allowed to run all 8 rounds. the 2014 was a sanctioned match.

I do wish that the WSSS would go back to its original scoring format, Enos hit factor.

• 6 months later...

Anyone heard any more info on this match? Is revolver officially on Friday? How many shooters are they allowing to shoot with the ROs that day? Signups out yet?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm surprised this match didn't receive more discussion here, considering the fact that its attendance of around 60 wheelgun shooters makes it easily the top USPSA Revolver match in the country outside the National Championship.

Results are up on Practiscore. You will note that three local Phoenix-area guys finished at the top. Congratulations to Rob, Caleb, and Kyle.

I'm surprised this match didn't receive more discussion here, considering the fact that its attendance of around 60 wheelgun shooters makes it easily the top USPSA Revolver match in the country outside the National Championship.

Results are up on Practiscore. You will note that three local Phoenix-area guys finished at the top. Congratulations to Rob, Caleb, and Kyle.

Congratulations to all that participated!!

I was looking at the results on the Rio website and it shows 7 of the 60 revolver shooters got DQed??!? (11.5% .. :mellow: ) Wow ...

Were these 180s on a particular stage or something else common for the majority of DQs??

edit: as opposed to what appears to be only 10 of 260+ shooters for the SS folks ...

Edited by pete627

Congratulations to all that participated!!

I was looking at the results on the Rio website and it shows 7 of the 60 revolver shooters got DQed??!? (11.5% .. :mellow: ) Wow ...

Were these 180s on a particular stage or something else common for the majority of DQs??

edit: as opposed to what appears to be only 10 of 260+ shooters for the SS folks ...

For some reason, folks who went sub-minor were listed as "DQ". Dunno about revo but I heard that there were no safety DQs in the SS match.