Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

After make ready?

Onepocket

According to Rule 3.1.2

"Sight Pictures: The competitor will have a maximum of two minutes after the Make Ready command to prepare themselves for the run, sight pictures will only be done at this time. Exception would be for the Range Officer to offer additional sight pictures at their discretion."

I don't see where it says you can't draw with a loaded gun, but me personally, I do my draw with an unloaded weapon.

Absolutely legal .....

(just completed the level 1 RO class 2 weeks ago ...)

Just like practicing mag changes at the safe table with empty mags ... Although you see some people get awful excited at local matches about this from time to time ....

• 1 month later...

Another guy in our group was shooting a 1911 and was told to have his safety on in the holster after the make ready, while people with 2011 type firearms did not seem to use their safety. What rule covers this? As guns such as xdm and glocks do not have an external safety? Again I'm new to this and just asking questions.

Edited by Cpimike

Another guy in our group was shooting a 1911 and was told to have his safety on in the holster after the make ready, while pell with 2011 sti did not seem to use their safety. What rule covers this? As guns such as xdm and glocks do not have an external safety? Again I'm new to this and just asking questions.

its covered under Disqualifications : Safety Violations , Sect 8.1.1.8 Holstering a loaded handgun without the external safety applied or on a revolver, hammer cocked.

So if you holster any gun that has an external safety without it engaged you are DQ'd. They just added that rule back in 2013.

Edited by hornetx40