Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Period of Mourning is Over

EricW

The moderating staff has given the IDPA forum a substantial amount of leeway in the last couple of weeks in light of some fairly dramatic events. We are all extremely happy about how constructive the discussions remained in the midst of all the angst. It is a testament to the quality of the folks that frequent BE.com. Now that the discussions seem to have run their course and the posts are taking on a less constructive tone....the grace period is officially over.

If a non-constructive post or thread regarding the IDPA rules changes suddenly goes missing, it's because it's been removed.

Constructive discussion is welcome, as always. :)

Thank You,

The BE.com Moderating Team

Folks, this IDPA forum exists so that shooters have a place to share information to better their shooting.

It is not a dumping place for venting your frustrations for the politics of the organization.

Any further meantion of Bill Wilson in an antagonistist manner will not be exceptable on these forums. (likely leading to a suspension of forum privledges)

Kyle F.

Administrator

• 7 months later...

I can't speak for major matches as I haven't shot any this year but so far locally the new rule book has had little effect on how matches are run. We've had a fair number of shooters start shooting USPSA in addition to IDPA but for the most part they are doing it in addition to the local IDPA matches. The prevailing train of thought is that most everyone traveling to shoot major matches are shooting USPSA and not IDPA "on the road". I intended to shoot some of the larger IDPA matches this year but decided not to after the new rules went into effect, next year could be different based on what happens the rest of this year including Nationals. OTOH USPSA is alot more "bang for the buck" and that may be where I decide to spend my travel dollars as well.

I do know that once I started shooting again and quit b*tching about the new rules life seemed alot brighter :D

You know, i just realized something. I haven't shot an IDPA match in almost a year. Guess I won't miss my membership after all.

A good friend of mine almost convinved me to shoot that match with him this year, but I didn't. Saved myself both money and headaches, even though it meant a missed opportunity to go home and see friends. I've enjoyed playing with different disciplines and piddling about with different guns this year- I think I'll hang with that. IDPA did teach me something, though- I check out clubs pretty thoroughly before I shoot at them these days.