Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What gun for production? (semi-auto)

mizer67

Is the Accu Shadow legal in production for NRA AP?

Yes. A Friend emailed the NRA and recieved an official response stating that the bushing guns are approved for production. I'm still going to be shooting a revolver next year in production...

What are their trigger pull rules? I thought in the past that every pull had to be greater than 4 lbs or something...

3.5lbs for semi-autos in single action and revos in double action.

Edited by entropic

+1 for CZ. I ran a Glock, XDM, M&P and have now jumped on a CZ. By far the most superior (Tanfos maybe too?) for production as far as mechanical accuracy, balance and fit. For me that is.

Edited by Vanniek71

Is the Accu Shadow legal in production for NRA AP?

Yes. A Friend emailed the NRA and recieved an official response stating that the bushing guns are approved for production. I'm still going to be shooting a revolver next year in production...

I think the 6 inch 686 has an advantage in production. Consistent trigger pull and better stock accuracy. Is there a good production legal holster that makes it easier to draw the 6 inch barrel from? Thanks.

Do not get me started on legal guns for Production. If seems that CZ does not have a "Custom Shop" and all versions of TDA guns are legal.

In emails to NRA about Production Smith & Wesson auto's, if it has Performance Center on the gun it is not legal....if I build a gun from parts and it does not have Performance Center on it it is good to go. HUH!!

Tom

+1 for CZ. I ran a Glock, XDM, M&P and have now jumped on a CZ. By far the most superior (Tanfos maybe too?) for production as far as mechanical accu range, balance and fit. For me that is.

CZ's are the most superior for For NRA Action Pistol? I see more striker guns than DA/SA guns so far.

Springfield Armory XD (M).

As much as I dislike the high bore axis, this is probably what I would go with also.

If H&K or Sig produce a long slide version of their striker guns, I would have to give a good look at those also.

+1 for CZ. I ran a Glock, XDM, M&P and have now jumped on a CZ. By far the most superior (Tanfos maybe too?) for production as far as mechanical accuracy, balance and fit. For me that is.

CZ's are the most superior for For NRA Action Pistol? I see more striker guns than DA/SA guns so far.

Ok where do I start with this?

First off this thread is titled "What gun for production? (semi-auto)" so thats the question I was offering input to.

Second I stated its the most superior 'For me that is" I bolded it above for you to see....its the best for me. I didn't say it was the best for everyone

And lastly because you see more striker guns than DA/SA guns that makes them the best? To me that would just be what everyone is using, not neccesarily the best.

Edited by Vanniek71

Well.. it is the Bianchi forum. So I just wanted clarification on what sport CZ's were superior for you.

I didnt say you were wrong, I only offered what I've seen. So easy there trigger.

Edited by DWFAN

I think the CZ's are great guns, accurate, feel great in the hand, good triggers ect. It seems like it would be an advantage to have just one trigger pull (striker fired) for Action Pistol. I guess the decision would really be based on how well it shoots for you and how it groups at 50yrds.

Edited to add the words (just and striker fired).

Edited by toothguy

I think the CZ's are great guns, accurate, feel great in the hand, good triggers ect. It seems like it would be an advantage to have one trigger pull for Action Pistol. I guess the decision would really be based on how well it shoots for you and how it groups at 50yrds.

My CZ 75 Shadow with a CZC trigger job wouldnt pass the single action limit. My stock CZ SP-01 Shadow would, most of the time. I'm sure one of the gurus could play with the sear angles to get a decent DA pull and a SA pull that made weight.

As Toothguy stated. It is an advantage to have just one consistant trigger pull. The CZ would have to be decocked (manually 40 times in a match) after each string so the first shot of each string is double action. Not an ideal situation and not required on revolvers and striker fired pistols.

As Toothguy stated. It is an advantage to have just one consistant trigger pull. The CZ would have to be decocked (manually 40 times in a match) after each string so the first shot of each string is double action. Not an ideal situation and not required on revolvers and striker fired pistols.

There are Sa Cz's that are production as well, wouldn't those fit the bill?

There are Sa Cz's that are production as well, wouldn't those fit the bill?

Not if the first shot is single-action..........Production requires the first shot be double-action on every string.