Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Had been reading this for awhile and was beginning to think maybe I could cut the cable.

But half way through vacation I have realized I’ll never be able to dump the DVR I have with Dish. Watching live network television will never happen for me.

Netflix just doesn’t have anything that interests me. Once we finished Longmire we rarely use it.

Netflix may be in deep Kimshee soon. Seems they are losing some of the content, not near the variety they had year ago. Many companies that Netflix used to lease shows from are starting their own service. Netflix does occasionally get a good original series, problem is you watch them in a few weeks and then have to wait a year plus for next season.
These streaming services let you watch TV shows commercial free. Walking Dead, Vikings, GOT,  Usually you just have to wait a bit after they air and then avoid spoilers. For instance vikings was on Prime but you had to pay to watch it as aired,, I just waited about 6 months for it to hit. Show has kinda gone down hill anyways. And Walking dead hasnt been worth watching in years.
With Disney basically owning Hulu AND starting their own service I see those two merging some how.,,, maybe a away for disney to separate PG and R rated content.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I ditched cable 11 years ago, hooked up with OTA (broadcast/antenna) and bought DVD/Blu-Ray instead and never looked back. I watch less toob now and I'm more productive at other things. 

Now I have some 2500+ movies and I chuckle when I'm at my GF's house and see old movies that I own on the cable subscription channels. 

• 3 years later...
On 8/13/2020 at 12:39 PM, jrdoran said:

I ditched cable TV and now use youtube TV;  very happy for last 4 months;   99% the same as cable tv for half price and better features;

and who do you use as an internet provider ??