Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Really depends on what you wanna watch. Netflix has lots of movies on there from everything to kid to horror to anything else. Hulu is more about TV series. Both are nice to have, i dont watch much hulu but my kids like the kid section. Amazon i thought was a waste most arent free and u have to rent, or that is what i experienced the last time i used it.

Amazon recently cut a deal though to make the older HBO series available free for Prime members.....

I order enough stuff from Amazon that prime makes financial sense in terms of not having to pay for shipping on smaller orders, and still having stuff show up in a timely fashion....

The video deal is a nice bonus.....

I don't know that it's worth paying just for the free stuff to watch -- I'd pay for Netflix first and probably Hulu second, though Hulu didn't impress me that much when I tried it a few years ago....

My first year triple play deal with charter just ran out. But I have to have high speed internet for work.

You obviously kept the internet.

What made you dump cable? For me it is the cost.

We have all three of the streaming providers as well. Hulu Netflix and amazon.

Netflix for movies.

Prime is just an extra but I have it for better shipping. I dont use prime as much.

Hulu Plus for newer TV episodes, anime etc.

Its more of Netflix vs Prime. But to me, prime movies is just a perk because im in for 2day shipping. Netflix has a lot more movies that I watch. Prime has new TV episodes but some of them are for a fee.

I went with Netflix a couple years ago and never looked back. The hard part was realizing I actually got to choose what I wanted to see. Seriously it was weird having that kinda freedom. The TV all of at the sudden wasn't just background noise... $8 a month as opposed to the $150 I was spending before. So now I have more money to spend on gun stuff :)

I have all 3, there is some overlap but even with the services its cheaper than DirecTV (Only choice for me). We switched over to 100% streaming about 4 years ago and love it. I may be ditching the Hulu subscription don't seem to use it that much anymore.

Well guys my cable provider annoyed me over the weekend with poor service and an we don't need you attitude. AT&T Uverse will be installed in a week. Total cost for the best packages available will be 115$ / month for another year.

We will see what they do for us in a year when their 80$ per month discounts expire.

Cheers

Gt

Amazon and Netflix have everything I need. Just got an Apple TV and can stream amazon from my iPhone or iPad. No commercials! So far I've cut all my premium channels and dropped to just basic service. Not missing a thing so far. Between the two I have all the shows and movies I care to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Netflix is the go to 80% of the time. Hulu is nice for recent episodes of various shows. We have prime for the free shipping and occasionally watch some of the kids shows but not much else.

I also buy the occasional movie or TV series through Google Play.

• 4 years later...

have had Netflix forever, back when it was DVD then blueray disks,, got series and movies that way.
I have Amazon Prime for the shipping, the video is just a bonus. Dont watch it much though.
Problem with Hulu, Prime and everyone else I have checked  is they wont let you throttle your data speed. Netflix is the only one that lets you pick the download speed.  I dont have broadband internet available other than 4g cellular. So if I watch something on anything but Netflix it wipes out my data in no time. Netflix I can set to standard def and get about 10 times the shows and the picture is fine.
Once Ive reached my data limit and phone goes to 500kb  speed I can watch something on prime, picture is a little blocky but its ok.
Suppossed to be getting some knda tower based broadband, but progect seems to be at a standstill, benn promising it for years.
Far as Sports I put up a $40 antenna and get Richmond and Norfolk  broadcast channels. 

I got Firestick a couple years ago, and wasn't smart enough to learn how to use it   :(

Just got Netflix - Fantastic.   Easy to use (even for a caveman), and seems to have a good selection

of movies.   Having a LOT of fun with it the past couple weeks.     :) 

• 3 months later...

I dumped my Directv a couple of months ago. I can't believe I was paying $150 per month for it. We actually use all 3 of the services you listed. Although I find that we watch Hulu the least. Netflix we watch the most but just by a a little over Amazon. Amazon Prime comes with free music streaming and, of course, free shipping so more value there. 

I would recommend you start with Prime and Netflix and then see from there. Both have their own series and movies that are often quite good. 

You may also want to check out Sling for network and live TV over Hulu. My niece has it and loves it. 

• 1 month later...

Second to all the Amazon Prime. I use it with their Firestick on my regular tv. Saving 60 bucks a month from cable and all the jazz that I never used anyway

If your sitting watching TV you should probably dry fire, or clean brass or something. or thats what I tell myself(as I watch TV)