danjordan78

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FlatFender said:

Huh, I've never been called arrogant.

Noted.

Most people aren’t very honest unfortunately. They tend to care too much about fitting in. Or perhaps I’m just an a_-hole. I’ve been called that a few times. 

• 3 weeks later...

Practical After Dark: A look at the inside. The best IMO by far

Shoot Fast Podcast: Good stuff. I've learned Joel has extremely sensitive hands and works at a credit union. 

Short Course: Solid info that helped a lot especially as I was getting started as far as how to set up to go to matches. 

Shannon Smith: Great, but not out often. 

Make Ready: Okay, but very inside sounding banter between the crew vs. focus on the audience. 

Triangle Tac: I listened when it was on. Seemed a bit strange that someone would always be saying how they weren't shooting but kept up a podcast. 

That Shooting Show: Always there. Always consistent. Don't listen as much as I used to.

Need to check out the Paracast. What's it cover??

2 hours ago, Slalom45 said:

Need to check out the Paracast. What's it cover??

Paracast covers many shooting-related things, not just focused on USPSA competition specifically. The show has a unique flavor and they offer multiple perspectives, which is a nice touch (other podcasts tend to be repetitive after a while). I also find their humor less cringeworthy than Steve Anderson's, but YMMV.

• 3 weeks later...
Wondering what podcasts people like listening to. I found the Ben Stoeger (Practical Pistol Show) and Steve Anderson (That Shooting Show) ones and really like listening to the when I'm out in the shop and driving. Any others out there that I am missing?
Shoot Fast Podcast with Cody Axon and Joel Park is an awesome podcast. Listened to all of them within 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I've really been liking The Three Gun show. Triangle Tactical, and That Shooting Show are both pretty good too.
I find that the ones with multiple hosts or host/guests are easier to listen to(that's why I prefer Triangle Tactical to Berry's solo podcast - it's just easier for me to pay attention that way) you also get more--and clearer-- information when you have different people involved.

Since I found the Three Gun show(mid-March), that's been constantly playing during my commute.

If you like Van Halen and don't mind random dog noises, Anderson has a lot ton of good info, but audio quality varies and it would help to re-listen at times to really get all that he's saying.

The podcast quality is actually not that bad when you listen and compare them to some UFC podcast.  When the UFC pods have guests you can’t understand jack.  It’s sounds like the latest mumble-rap bs that’s out these days. SMDH

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, Snowman50 said:

Ben's Shooting after dark

Shooting Fast Podcast

Steve Anderson's, but WAY TOO MUCH Van Halen & plugging products before he starts his topic.

I'm new to podcasts, thanks for getting me going in the right direction.