Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Favorite Podcasts

danjordan78

Wondering what podcasts people like listening to. I found the Ben Stoeger (Practical Pistol Show) and Steve Anderson (That Shooting Show) ones and really like listening to the when I'm out in the shop and driving. Any others out there that I am missing?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the only two I listen to. Never miss an episode of either one.

The first one of Anderson's I heard I thought I had the wrong show since all he was talking about was Van Halen and dogs but I'm glad I hung on a little longer. :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Power Factor Show

The earlier shows were more relevant for new competitive shooters and were great. However, I don't really care for some of the newer shotgun content, but it is still worth watching.

Edited by Luv2rideWV

• 3 weeks later...

I like Ben Stoeger's podcast a lot. Short and to the point.

Power Factor is better sometimes than others

Gun Girl radio is good. Julie Golob is fun to listen to.

Pro arms radio with mas Ayoob gives you a lot to think about

I am a big fan of Bob Main at handgun world radio, but he is on sabbatical for cancer.

Then there is Tom Gresham with Gun Talk for news

Tactically practical has good guests sometimes

Gun Dudes is kind of fun

I spend a lot of time listening in the car.

Don't bother with:

gun guy radio

Tactical paradise

Polite society

Pro gun radio

Guns of Hollywood

God and guns

Armed citizen podcast

I just started with that shooting show, and it is good, but of i didn't like van Halen already, I'm not sure i could get past the constant references etc.

I also downloaded a couple episodes of student of the gun with Paul Merkel, and that show is pretty interesting.

I'm giving down range radio a try

• 3 weeks later...

I listen to ben stoeger, GunTalk, that shooting show, and gun dudes mentioned above but I also listen to the guys from Canada that have a podcast called Action Shooting Radio. Another one I listen to is called Triangle Tactical podcast.

Ben then Steve's but his ( Steve "get to work" Anderson) podcast are so inconsistent. Once every 3rd day to once a week or longer? Both are interesting. Great for traveling to a match or just not the same radio bubblegum music in the Car. lol

Steve Anderson and Ben Stoeger are great competition podcasts. The Power Factor show I like on youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/powerfactorshow

I've shot with the Triangle Tactical dudes and they are great promoters of competition and carry. Good motivation to go shooting. http://www.triangletactical.net/2014/10/27/new-ccw-guns-105/

Then there's always Hickock45 and Gun Blast for guntainment.

DNH

Edited by daves_not_here

Ben's is the best, far and away. 99.997% USPSA, maybe you'll get 20 seconds of, "The pro shop is out of X, give us a couple weeks. Also, my classes for April are filling up, so don't bother booking for next April. OK, enough bull****, " and he's back on topic.

Steve's podcast was unlistenable, although I only tried a single episode. All I heard was non-shooting talk for 8 straight minutes, so I was done. If he were to edit out all the non-shooting stuff, I'd be back in a flash.

The Shooter's Mindset gets great guests, so I'll listen to those particular episodes, but the hosts not competitors, so the questions they ask are often not of interest. You'll get as much from an hour of the Shooter's Mindset as you will in 7 minutes from Ben, and that's true even when Ben is their guest.

Steve Anderson and Ben Stoeger are great competition podcasts. The Power Factor show I like on youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/powerfactorshow

I've shot with the Triangle Tactical dudes and they are great promoters of competition and carry. Good motivation to go shooting. http://www.triangletactical.net/2014/10/27/new-ccw-guns-105/

Then there's always Hickock45 and Gun Blast for guntainment.

DNH

Thanks man. Latest episode is an interview with Steve Anderson, and only a little van halen... www.triangletactical.net/107

• 1 month later...

Ben stoeger's pod cast is probabally top.

I like triangle tactical a lot also.

steve anderson's is too " hippy rock and roll for me" he has a great message and excellent it is just a little out there for me. (sorry bro)

gun girl radio some tims

the ar15 pod cast also.

the power factor show some times hard to comprehend without video though.

• 3 weeks later...