Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

On 3/14/2018 at 8:41 AM, kimberacp said:

the .180 sight is 10-12 clicks out because it is not flush with the top of the slide.   if it were... it probably wouldn't not be that many clicks out.

Yes, agreed. That's why I'm recommending  the .160 height from experience.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can sand down the base of the sight to lower it.     Dawson has a video, where he does exactly that, when fitting the front sights.  

I’ve tried that already. If you sand it down too much it will sit loose in the dove tale cut. I had to red lock tight it so it doesn’t fall out. I didn’t want to return it because of that. It still works, but it’s a little fugly [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks , I appreciate all the recomendatios.  I will try to sand down the sight or getting a .160

also, what extended safety could be used on it?. I

I wouldn’t sand it. Look at my above comment. Just return it for the correct size if you can still return it.

Weird thing, I removed the front sight and when I went to put the .180:

first, it is too loose that I couldnt install it.

second, the .180 sight fit flat with the frame.  No as the one in the picture.

so I dont know if i have a different wrong front sight.

i will check the 020-276 and maybe order it.

thanks

Edited by MP9

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.

I’m looking to convert my RIA doublestack to a six incher. I’m hoping to get some recommendations for a 6 inch bull barrel, must be ramped and Para/Clark cut.

What barrel are you guys using or which do you recommend? I was looking into the limited 10 barrels. I was going to buy just now but figured I’d ask here fist.

https://www.l10-machine.com/collections/parts-accessories/products/integral-coned-barrel

I would just go RIA but they only make a 10mm. I’ve heard you can shoot 40 out of a 10mm but I would rather get the right one.

Below is my RIA project. The one on top is my 6inch 9mm project.

Thanks in advance.

b91f2324242209f739f0b6f1dcc91a03.jpg

On 4/1/2018 at 6:52 PM, usmc90 said:

Who’s slide did you go with on the 9mm ? You doing all the fitting work or ?

The slide was cut by EGW for Para as a "upgrade" package. You can still purchase them off of ebay, but the guy wants a lot. Yes I'm doing most of the work. The Rock Island was just dropped off to Limited10 to do a custom barrel, tri-top and lightening cuts on the slide.

16 hours ago, soulbyte said:

The slide was cut by EGW for Para as a "upgrade" package. You can still purchase them off of ebay, but the guy wants a lot. Yes I'm doing most of the work. The Rock Island was just dropped off to Limited10 to do a custom barrel, tri-top and lightening cuts on the slide.

Make sure you post that up once done! I've been super curious about their cone barrels! 

3 hours ago, jswhitesell619 said:
Make sure you post that up once done! I've been super curious about their cone barrels! 

I sure will. I had a chance to visit their shop and check out their operation. They were really cool guys. The barrels are made from blanks, literally huge chunks of metal with a hole in it, then they CNC machine it down. Eric, the owner suggested I bring in the slide so he could take measurements for a perfect slide fit. They also are doing the slide lightening and tri-top for me. Some of the other stuff they are working on looks great quality as well. Their 2011 grips are awesome. They are a small crew with day jobs and work the shop after hours and weekends. I left feeling really good about leaving my gun in their capable hands.

Edited by soulbyte

• 2 weeks later...

Those of you running the Pro Match Ultra with the DAA Racemaster, which insert are you using? I was given a original racemaster and purchased the para insert and the Rock will not fit. I don't want to modify the para insert because if fits perfectly with my para frame guns. Are you guys using the 1911 insert? any wobble?

25 minutes ago, only1asterisk said:

I didn't see it posted anywhere, but TF is making 140mm extensions for RP9 magazines.  

http://taylorfreelance.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37&products_id=270

RP9 mags are based off the P18.9 magazine so the ones on the TF sight will work on both. I don't think he has a separate listing for RP9. I'm currently using Dawson basepads for Para on my RP9 mags. Keep in mind though using this combination, including the TF basepads wil bring you over legal mag length as the RP9 mag tubes are pretty long.

Edited by soulbyte

7 hours ago, soulbyte said:

RP9 mags are based off the P18.9 magazine so the ones on the TF sight will work on both. I don't think he has a separate listing for RP9. I'm currently using Dawson basepads for Para on my RP9 mags. Keep in mind though using this combination, including the TF basepads wil bring you over legal mag length as the RP9 mag tubes are pretty long.

That's why I linked to the product.  The description says it extends RP9 magazines to 140mm.  

That's why I linked to the product.  The description says it extends RP9 magazines to 140mm.  

Doh! My fault, didn’t even click on the link. Awesome! More basepads I need to buy [emoji29]

42 minutes ago, CTJer said:

Interested.   Been thinking about getting a 2011 for Limited, but the big name guns not possible. 

These are not True 2011’s.  There ARE a double stack though. Many use them for limited and 3 gun   Great platform and very upgradable.  Several pro shooters use them   I love mine and then sent it off to have even more done and still come in way under 2011 money

• 2 weeks later...

I have the option of tritopping my 6inch slide with lightening cuts. Do you guys think the RIA slides will hold up doing both without cracking? I heard they are using forged slides now. Any input would be appreciated. Its for a limited build in 40sw. 

20 hours ago, soulbyte said:

I have the option of tritopping my 6inch slide with lightening cuts. Do you guys think the RIA slides will hold up doing both without cracking? I heard they are using forged slides now. Any input would be appreciated. Its for a limited build in 40sw. 

You might contact Hayes Custom Gun (Facebook) for this answer. They are the only ones I know of doing more extensive work with these guns.  They just finished my Hi-cap 9mm Aaron or Ben will tell you