Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or- all I can really afford!! 

Also got the new Taylor Freelance basepads, fit great no issues so far, ordering 2 more soon. 

I ordered 2 base pads from the Taylor Freelance website last Friday. Got an email showing they shipped on Saturday. Got home Monday and they were in my mailbox. From WA to IN in a couple days via USPS. AMAZED!! The bases are really nice, fit well in the TF “fattie” magwell and with my well used spring held 21 rounds pretty easy.

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] TF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/22/2018 at 6:02 PM, AdamD87 said:

My first post on this thread and likely not the last. I purchased a TCM A2 model used recently and will be making changes to it for 3 gun use. As of the moment it has Hogue grips installed. I just recieved some G10 grips from Stoner CNC Which will be installed tomorrow. Also ordered a MecGar p18 magazine and will be ordering The TF magwell and 3 extensions in a few days

What grips did you put on?

On 1/24/2018 at 11:47 AM, dogtired said:

Tall or short?  I bought the tall first and it was too tall, short worked fine with stock height front.

Front site is .200, not sure if thats tall or short.

Front site is .200, not sure if thats tall or short.

That’s pretty tall as the stock one is .160, I purchased .180 and still had to adjust the rear sight pretty high to achieve zero.

The stock front sight on mine was junk.  The FO sucked and I couldn't adjust the rear sight far enough to make it shoot less than 4" at 7yds.  I used the Dawson sight calculator and ended up getting a .210 tall one from them.  My rear sight is now a few clicks from bottomed out and the zero is perfect.

I have a RIA Pro Match Ultra coming in tomorrow. Anything I should look out for? Do the RP9 mags work for .40, or is it just Para mags and MBX?

STI, Para, mecgar all worked in mine. If you can get the longer Greg cote magazines you will be good. RP9 mags only worked in my 9mm’s, and do not work in the 40.

6 hours ago, 3GLewie said:

Will using the RP9 make them longer than the 140mm length for 3 gun &USPSA??

Probably. My use for those plus the TF pads will be 3 gun only.   And most of my local outlaw matches don’t care that much   I have the shorter with pads for the ones that do get that picky and have not decided if I’ll use that for USPSA as I typically shoot production with a shadow custom 

41 minutes ago, soulbyte said:

STI, Para, mecgar all worked in mine. If you can get the longer Greg cote magazines you will be good. RP9 mags only worked in my 9mm’s, and do not work in the 40.

Thanks SoulByte. Good to know. 

16 hours ago, usmc90 said:

Probably. My use for those plus the TF pads will be 3 gun only.   And most of my local outlaw matches don’t care that much   I have the shorter with pads for the ones that do get that picky and have not decided if I’ll use that for USPSA as I typically shoot production with a shadow custom 

That makes sense. My local club never checks magazine length. How many rounds the RP9 with the TF bases hold? 23? I have shot a Glock 34 for years and used to 23 round capacity with TTI base pads so might be a good thing for a local match for an extra couple rounds. 

50 minutes ago, 3GLewie said:

That makes sense. My local club never checks magazine length. How many rounds the RP9 with the TF bases hold? 23? I have shot a Glock 34 for years and used to 23 round capacity with TTI base pads so might be a good thing for a local match for an extra couple rounds. 

Honestly don’t know as I don’t have any RP mags yet.  But am going to order a couple to try .  

Mine holds 22 with factory follower and Dawson pads. Haven’t checked length but I don’t think they’re uspsa legal. They’re pretty long. Not sure about the TF basepads.

Mine holds 22 with factory follower and Dawson pads. Haven’t checked length but I don’t think they’re uspsa legal. They’re pretty long. Not sure about the TF basepads.

Thanks. Won’t be shooting many USPSA matches with it probably anyway. I picked up a PCC last year and it’s just a ton of fun to shoot.

Anybody using a TF magwell on a non factory magwell version and have pictures I just got my TF magwell in and it looks like no matter how much I do to blend that magwell I'll end up with a huge gap around it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I picked up my Pro Match Ultra on Friday, and took it out yesterday and ran 400 rounds through it.  Absolutely zero issues with it, and was ringing a 12" plate at 100 yards at will. Pistol is as smooth as any other 1911 based pistol I've handled and shoots like a dream! Couldn't be happier. 

RIA.thumb.jpeg.567bfa224e65d083cfbf77ff7ae27fff.jpeg

14 hours ago, AdamD87 said:

Anybody using a TF magwell on a non factory magwell version and have pictures I just got my TF magwell in and it looks like no matter how much I do to blend that magwell I'll end up with a huge gap around it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It will require milling the frame to fit.

Edited by dogtired

I had one that I contemplated milling.  Ended up selling it and buying a Tac.  RIA may be able to do that for you.  The stock magwell and the unmilled frame were not a perfect match.  I am learning how to run a mill, not confident enough yet.