Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

20 minutes ago, usmc90 said:

Not sure of the relation to my question. The reason I asked is that I spoke with Taylor Freelance today and found that the mag bases he will be making is for the “factory “ magazine that came with the gun So I’m trying to figure out if they will also work on the RP9 magazine. 

They should work, but will be longer than 140mm.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, usmc90 said:

Does anyone know if the RP9 mag base is interchangeable with the stock RIA mag ? 

The stock RP9 base will fit on the RIA magazine, but then the RIA mag won't go into the gun.

Edited by jrswanson1

10 hours ago, usmc90 said:

Does anyone know if the RP9 mag base is interchangeable with the stock RIA mag ? 

I used the Arredondo base pads on my one stock RIA mag and three RP9 magazines.  The RIA has to be slammed in when full, and has fallen out after firing three rounds.  The RP9s work great with all of the trimmings.

Edited by jrswanson1

9 hours ago, only1asterisk said:

They should work, but will be longer than 140mm.

This.  The RP9 mags hold 18 in factory form because they're around 1/4" longer than the MG mags.  So if TF made their new base pads based on the measurements of the MG's, the RP9's will be pushing 150mm with them.

2 hours ago, 1981Shooter said:

This.  The RP9 mags hold 18 in factory form because they're around 1/4" longer than the MG mags.  So if TF made their new base pads based on the measurements of the MG's, the RP9's will be pushing 150mm with them.

I’m good with that. 

1 hour ago, ItZallGooD said:

I haven't paid enough attention in this epic thread, are you guys putting Jo's in the RP9 mags?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I hate to even ask this in a public forum. Lol. Buts what’s a JO

I loaded up some 40 snap caps into my RP9 mag. Hand cycling I think the round would push the bullet into the casing. It got a couple FTF’s just hand cycling. f0eb34f3d26c6ea277bc3f0595f6b675.jpg

Repeatable FTF on the last round.

25f9b06ac40399518be303c46203abc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should state I edited my last post to reflect that I was using 40 snap caps in the RP9 mag to try to answer some of the previous questions.

The mags run perfect with 9mm in my 9mm gun.

43 minutes ago, soulbyte said:

I should state I edited my last post to reflect that I was using 40 snap caps in the RP9 mag to try to answer some of the previous questions.

The mags run perfect with 9mm in my 9mm gun.

Thanks for testing that for us

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dogtired said:

I installed a 17# ms and a 13# recoil spring.

How do you like that setup? I have 17#ms and 14# recoil. I just swapped the recoil out to a 12#  but it feels pretty light. I'm afraid of the slide slamming into the frame. I'm not using a shock buff.

I really like the gun and the springs have made it very soft.  No reliability problems.  I plan to shoot the crap out of the thing and am not looking to make it last a lifetime.  I don't think the frame is being beaten with this combo...

I really like the gun and the springs have made it very soft.  No reliability problems.  I plan to shoot the crap out of the thing and am not looking to make it last a lifetime.  I don't think the frame is being beaten with this combo...

Thanks for the info!

On 11/30/2017 at 1:14 AM, Talon75 said:

spspistols.eagleimportsinc.com/spspistols/shop/magazines/38-9mm/sps-pantera-and-vista-38-9-mm-high-cap-mag-23-rnds

Has anyone tried these mags yet, looks like a bit better price than STI. Sorry if they have been mentioned somewhere in the last 44 pages!!

I have the sps 9mm mags but my rock is in .40.  The 9mm seats nice in the .40 and drops free.  Hope that helps. Also the mag coach window was a little small for my 9mm and had to open up the window to get it to fit I’m my sti