Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a 51679 ordered, will try one of existing STI mags (file sand upper body) ASAP it arrives.

Is a Blade Tech for an Edge the correct holster ?

Will post photos .............

Edited by mwc5

How much was this thing?

I ordered it from grabagun and paid $631. I checked my order status the next day and they were in the $750 range. Not sure if they screwed up on the price or what happened.

Do you like it, how is the trigger?

I only have about 50 rounds through it, but so far I really like it. I have the single stack full rail .45, and compared to that, it is much smoother functioning right out of the box. The sights were dead on and the trigger is all around better and certainly lighter. I really like how the gun balances.

Nice looking pistol.

Does anyone know why this model isn't shown on the Armscor website?

I have no idea why they aren't on the website. In fact, I had a hard time really finding any information on them. I kind of just ordered on a whim and hoped I liked what I received. So far so good.

Received my 51738 pro match yesterday. Attached a pic for anyone that was wondering what they look like.attachicon.gifResize.jpg

How much was this thing?

Do you like it, how is the trigger?

I have the 9mm RIA Tactical 2011 model. I haven't even shot it yet. The trigger on it measures to 4 lbs and is quite nice to be a "right out of the box" trigger. I bought this before Armscor RIA announced the 40SW version. I wish I had have waited a bit. If you know anyone looking for this model, send them my way.

Edited by JMike

Sorry guys getting a little mixed up here. I just ordered the 9mm (non .22 tcm) from grabagun and ordered the armscor mags from gregcote, but which dawsons extended basepads / springs do I need?

Edited by zimm33

UPDATE - I ran the Mec-Gar P18 mags with Dawson basepads, Arredondo inserts and standard P18 mecgar spring and it ran like a top today. 21 rounds loaded and everything worked, but it was tough to seat the mag. With 20 rounds loaded it was easy to seat and everything fed fine.

I picked up my RIA Hi-Cap pistol today. I got the 9mm. I have been following this thread on the mags. I just went on Gregcote website to get some mags and he is out of stock. Is there anywhere else that I can get these mags? Thanks.

Got a Pro Match .40 myself but no mags available right now. Even advancedtactical.com (Armscor parts and accessory website) is out of stock. However, Mike Seeklander used modified STI mags and made it work.

blog.shooting-performance.com/rock-island-armory-tact-2011-a2-review/

UPDATE - I ran the Mec-Gar P18 mags with Dawson basepads, Arredondo inserts and standard P18 mecgar spring and it ran like a top today. 21 rounds loaded and everything worked, but it was tough to seat the mag. With 20 rounds loaded it was easy to seat and everything fed fine.

Thanks for the info. Just to be clear, this is for the 9mm RIA 2011 (not the TCM version)?

Got my non tcm 9mm tactical yesterday (ordered through grabagun). I couldn't find the bare mags anywhere so just ordered the "oem" ones with small basepads from armscor / advanced tactical. So far it looks and feels great. Going to break it down today and hopefully a range report soon!

Robport, when I called Armscor they told me that the only sights they stock were .175. What was the height they sent you?

Sorry for taking so long. I wasn't following it....they sent me a .225 front. It was the standard black blade. I don't know if it was a stock item or a test item, but my intention was to try it, on the way to ordering a fiberoptic sight. I wanted to make sure I could zero it within the range of the stock rear sight on the pistol, which it did. I now have the stock rear and a Dawson't front on this 22TCM.

Once I stick the new VZ grips on it (bought it with the rebate voucher +some), get used to it with a FLGR, figure out what spring to use for my loads, and take care of the failure to always lockback on empty issue (pretty sure it is magazine spring tension, not the pistol...I can stretch the sping and always temporarily fix it), I may get the courage to retire my SA XDM 4.5 (which also has that annoying lockback issue). It's IDPA, so that last issue is a real pain in the butt.