Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I don't think anyone can top the dude that shot a Tucson shotgun match dressed as Katy Perry with hair, stockings and heels.

And he shot a single shot break open action 12ga "boom stick" for the entire match!

Mick

About 20 years ago when I was playing a lot of paintball I wore camp pant religiously. Not to be tacticool or anything, we were tournament players.

Camo was simply the most functional stuff you could get for the money. You do way more movement when you're actually being shot at. You're constantly in a squat, sprinting, or sliding into cover. Even jeans just shred under that abuse. Baggy camo absorbs a lot if hits, too. This was FL, and heat and being wet all the time was also an issue.

Jeans would last like a month of my use, camo would go years.

If I show up to a match in some camo pants, it'll be part nostalgia for those day, the rest functionality. The only thing that suck about camo is the button fly.

If this sport ever gets to the point where it has a dress code, then I'm afraid I'll have to find something else to play.

Agreed.

Most of the matches I shoot in, we have a good percentage of former military, and let's face it, cammies/BDUs or 'tactical pants' are pretty comfortable, come in different weight fabrics (e.g. 5.11 TacLites for summer, others), and work out pretty well. With the Southeast humidity and somewhat extended summers/warmer weather depending on where you live, my usual wear is 5.11 or Propper lightweight 'tactical pants,' (e.g. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DCJPDPI ) in tan/khaki/coyote/not camo, and a Columbia synthetic summer button up shirt, or a synthetic polo, and comfy boots (I'm not a 5.11 fanboy, but have to say, their taclite boots are super comfortable, to me, and have held up well..unlike what I've heard about some other models).

We've shot some matches in pretty much any condition - lots of mud, rain, snow, ice, and some 'not nearly cleared' areas, as well as more traditional cleared bays, so - works pretty well.

NOT choosing camo pattern lets me wear more or less the same thing more places, IMO - same stuff is great for working in the yard, grabbing a quick bite to eat, or I could probably wear similar to work w/out worrying too much about it.

We've got a few guys that will wear a full set of camo BDUs, or the $$$ Vertx 'gunfighter' synthetic shirts, but they're usually active duty guys.

We'll also have a few in shorts, jeans, Carharts, you name it.

Camo vs 'tactical/cargo pants' is probably ~15-20% camo vs ~60% tactical/cargo pants (non-camo), ~20% 'whatever else.' The numbers go down further when discussing full camo/BDU pants + top.

• 3 weeks later...

When shooting practical events, I tend to wear one item that stands out: a bright color hat, a bright shirt, etc... It never hurts to wear something bright when you are down range resetting steel or taping targets. When the RO looks to clear the stage for the next shooter, it does not help them if the entire squad is covered head to toe in Multicam. I do agree that BDU style pants or shorts are comfortable and have lots of useful pockets.

10001400_705278582844533_549463685578878

Edited by GSonnen

I don't think anyone can top the dude that shot a Tucson shotgun match dressed as Katy Perry with hair, stockings and heels.

And he shot a single shot break open action 12ga "boom stick" for the entire match!

Mick

I was there, it was a pistol grip only pump since he was in "Action Hero" class.

For those who have not witnessed the hilarity:

Edited by Deathray