Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire practice with Sirt, if I don't own a Glock

shinne

Hi,

I've been getting tired of racking the slide with my 1911. I'm not exactly a fan of Glocks but I've been interested in the idea of a Sirt just because of the laser and auto reset. Do you guys think it's a good idea to get a SIRT even if I don't own a Glock? My main focus at the moment is just getting accurate as I still have problems with flinching during live fire and trigger control issues. I've found someone that's willing to let me buy a SIRT Pro for pretty cheap.

I feel that if I get a SIRT I will at least pick up the gun and dry fire enough to at least see what my issues are and that's something that can be translated to other handguns. I then can transaction what I learn to my 1911 and other guns I have.

Hi,

I've been getting tired of racking the slide with my 1911. I'm not exactly a fan of Glocks but I've been interested in the idea of a Sirt just because of the laser and auto reset. Do you guys think it's a good idea to get a SIRT even if I don't own a Glock? My main focus at the moment is just getting accurate as I still have problems with flinching during live fire and trigger control issues. I've found someone that's willing to let me buy a SIRT Pro for pretty cheap.

I feel that if I get a SIRT I will at least pick up the gun and dry fire enough to at least see what my issues are and that's something that can be translated to other handguns. I then can transaction what I learn to my 1911 and other guns I have.

If you can get it 'cheap', worse case you sell it at some point for what you paid for it :-) Only other consideration is picking up a G17 holster for it, but thats not expensive used.

I have the Glock Sirt also, even though I now shoot CZ and 1911, but for what you are talking about, trigger control, it can help. Also transitions. And reloads practice with the SIRT weighted mags its nice. With the different grip angle is the POI that is 'funny' for me switching between the two, but its not that big a deal ( C, almost B class shooter) after a few minutes. I just don't do dry fire with it right before a match.

personally I've been waiting for the new M&P SIRT to be out, I'd have to guess the grip angle is a LOT more CZ/1911 like on that model :-)

I can get it for $200 with 3 mags. I consider that a pretty good price.

My current pistols I'm getting and have are a 1911, M&P, and a CZ. I feel that if I get this SIRT I will get some dry fire practice in vs where I would just pick up my 1911 dry fire 2-4 times before I get bored and put it on the table and walk away.

I was hoping there was an M&P SIRT but from what I've been reading it looks like it's taking forever, and also I doubt I could get one for $200.

That's a pretty common price on Amazon, but with one mag rather than three. Just check to make sure the slide isn't cracked. I have both the one with plastic slide and metal slide - the metal is much more durable and heavy. Plastic one is just fine, but if they take it apart/put together a lot, you might start to see cracks around the pin holes if someone really forces it, so check for that. But when you consider training cost of ammo, having this as a tool to me seems to really make sense, so I'd probably buy it.

FYI, trigger will be 'different' than a 1911 or CZ, so its not like its resetting Single Action trigger. But I like to train with it.

Where can you get a SIRT PRO for $200? The only ones that I see on Amazon are the plastic slide ones. Which are the performance ones.

I get the Glock trigger isn't the same as a SA, but seeing how an SA trigger doesn't take much to break having a heavier trigger would help me with training, right? The way I see it is, if I have a heavier trigger, it would be easier to adjust to a lighter one if I get my fundamentals down on the SIRT it would be easy to adjust to an lighter trigger.

There are actually two sensors on the trigger. One activates the laser when you "prep the trigger" and the other when you pull the trigger. I've never tried to increase the force it takes to prep the trigger but if you are used to a light trigger, this may be all you need to use. The only thing is, that there's no trigger break.

Actually, when it comes to trigger break force, I have an airsoft that's pretty good for that. Just gas it up and leave the mags empty and I can mimic shooting fairly well - absent the recoil of course.