Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what are the benefits of a lifetime USPSA membership?

Sandbagger123

If you are of age you can get "senior life" membership. Only 250or 300 I don't remember which.

I guess it depends on individual cash flow situations and how long you think you will live

from the USPA FAQs..

>>>

Can you sign me up as a senior? Do I get a senior discount on my membership?

New life members aged 55 or over may take a $150 discount leaving a dues payment of $350. Proof of age is required. Competitors aged 60-65 may register for matches as senior. Those 65 or older may register as super senior. There is no “senior” membership.

<<<

Did the senior class age change again.. it used to be 50.. then 55.. now 60?

the 2014 rulebook still shows 55

When I paid for my L membership several years ago, I was TOTALLY gung ho about USPSA shooting. Same when I paid for my L membership at my local range. I wish I had not done either, for various reasons, but mostly dealing with politics of both orgs.

It is the same with other orgs I have L memberships with. I finally have learned my lesson and will not buy another L membership in anything.

from the USPA FAQs..

>>>

Can you sign me up as a senior? Do I get a senior discount on my membership?

New life members aged 55 or over may take a $150 discount leaving a dues payment of $350. Proof of age is required. Competitors aged 60-65 may register for matches as senior. Those 65 or older may register as super senior. There is no senior membership.

<<<

Did the senior class age change again.. it used to be 50.. then 55.. now 60?

the 2014 rulebook still shows 55

That is a typo. 55 senior and 65 SS Edited by Sarge

It depends a lot on how many more years you expect to remain an active member. Three and Five yr memberships are $35 per year. Do the math. Under 55 that's just under 15yrs of dues. Over 55, it's about 10yrs.

Seeing that i am a frugal guy that won't even pay for the magazine, i guess it does not make sense to me to get one. it would take me 20 years to break even

If you're asking what's in it for you you're probably approaching it the wrong way......

I've always considered life memberships purpose to be supporting the org you are joining, by handing them a hefty cash infusion now, that they may not need to pay back later.....

If you consider adding in activity fees, odds are the org comes out ahead. I'm ok with that, just not ok enough to have done it.....

by handing them a hefty cash infusion now, Man I could make a bunch of comments about giving them a cash infusion to misuse!

If you consider adding in activity fees, odds are the org comes out ahead. You think?!?

If you are of age you can get "senior life" membership. Only 250or 300 I don't remember which.

I guess it depends on individual cash flow situations and how long you think you will live

Some days I think I should . . . other days I feel my time is near. Dave Bone, annual member :roflol:

In 1976, I bought a NRA Life membership. I knew it was good for me at that time. When I joined USPSA in 2000, I started buying three years at a time. At that time, i don't remember if Life was offered but it would have been worth it to me in the long run but not now.

It is different for everyone depending on age, cash availability, and whether you think you will break even or stop shooting before you do.

In 1976, I bought a NRA Life membership. I knew it was good for me at that time. When I joined USPSA in 2000, I started buying three years at a time. At that time, i don't remember if Life was offered but it would have been worth it to me in the long run but not now.

It is different for everyone depending on age, cash availability, and whether you think you will break even or stop shooting before you do.

Gary,

Life membership was offered when I joined! :roflol:

The only problem with the NRA Life Membership is the lifetime of daily phones calls asking for more money. My blocked call list is now longer than my contact list.

Having the "L" in front of the number is kind of cool, plus it actually makes sense when my squad mates tell me I shoot like "L". (ok, ok, that was a horrible pun...)

I got it when Dave Stanford and associates were making a push to get more life members. It was $250 at the time which was a decent piece of change back then. Stepped out of the game for a good while, but always enjoyed reading the mag. So, while I feel I got my money's worth but can't really say I have received any substantial benefits from it.

Oh, I did get a very cool DVC Life Member pin and a certificate signed by Dave suitable for framing. :cheers:

The only problem with the NRA Life Membership is the lifetime of daily phones calls asking for more money. My blocked call list is now longer than my contact list.

They NEVER call me (Please don't tell them)

Dan, I don't doubt it but I never bothered to look. I was a PPC shooter and this running around stuff was new to me :goof:

You do benefit from an NRA Life Membership because they fight the anti gun crowd. As far as the USPSA goes you don't get anything. Look at the two organizations side by side to see where you money goes.

Edited by Jaxshooter

• 4 years later...