Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags for 1911 SS 9mm

kuletchi1

Have some Wilson's' the tolerance is so tight that a grain of sand locks them up and shooting in sand pits on Long Island prefer the Dawson's. Have also found and anyone with an answer after a few uses ten or so load rounds 8,9,and 10 and they start to nose dive in the magazines making unloading in or out of the gun troublesome.

joes1911magmania on ebay. Bought 2 and they have the holes on bottom for base plates. I did add base plates and they work great. They seem a little tighter than my OEM mags but drop fine. Great price and fast shipping. Google Joes 1911 for reviews.

Wilson ETM's in my 9mm S&W Pro Series. I've had no failures in the gun at all, but i dislike the plastic follower / plastic spacer as it builds dirt quickly. I find myself disassembling mags during matches to clean them.

I will not be buying any more

Edited by xxDRBxx

Thanks for all the responses. Now I'm really confused. Lol

I would have no issues with my Wilson mags if they didn't hit the dirt.... IMHO, the design with the plastic follower / spacer is just not great of your mags are going to hit the ground

I just bought some of Dawson's 10 rounders. I was very pleased with them initially but am going to have to give them a call tomorrow. 2 of the 5 I bought will only load 9 rounds and one of those two will not lock the slide. I shot 100 rounds with them today and they had zero malfunctions except failing to lock the slide. Just perplexed why 3 would easily fit 10 and be reloadable and 2 will only fit 9 with no hope of a 10th.