Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS magwell advice

motosapiens

Just got a TS to give limited a try for few months. The gun is pretty awesome right out of the box for me, but I'm thinking I may get a bigger and smoother-better-fitting magwell for it. Only problem is finding one, and I guess the ones czcustom doesn't have are slightly different from the ones CZ-UB sells.

Advice? Sources?

Note that I'm not much of a tinkerer, so i'd like to get hold of something I just install and ignore for the next few years.

I like the large CZC magwell but it was a pain in the butt to get it working correctly with the CZC 140mm extensions.

I had to remove a lot of material from the inside of the magwell and then still ended up removing material from the extensions.

Also, don't count on any standard magazines without basepads working with that large magwell. I think I have cut some down now so it could work in a punch but I wouldn't want to reload on the clock.

I don't know how the Czechmate style works but it if you don't like Dremels and files I would try that one first.

My assumption is that you are doing some type of basepad extension?

My assumption is that you are doing some type of basepad extension?

yes, running the czc extensions so as to get 20 rds in the mags.

Guessing you got the CZC springs and followers as well? Those are required for full capacity.

If I had it to do all over again I would just start by modding the basepads and maybe it wouldn't be such a bad process.

Not sure which one this is but there is one left:

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19092_Aluminum-Magwell-7585-Silver

Edit: this looks to me like the large CZC

Edited by alma

The CZ UB magwell is shallower, designed to be used with factory mags. I have the CZC mag wells on my TS, but the CZ UB mag well on my 75 SA Open gun:

_20140723_172331_zps67412f8c.jpg

_20140723_172251_zps59e6d0cc.jpg

_20140723_172309_zps7f37deb1.jpg

_20140723_172239_zps2bfdc860.jpg

My issue with the UB mag well is that there's not enough room to get my support hand fully on top of it; I believe the TS grip is longer, so this may not be an issue, but on my 75, the point in the front of the mag well lines up right in the middle of my support and pinky.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the large CZC magwell but it was a pain in the butt to get it working correctly with the CZC 140mm extensions.

I had to remove a lot of material from the inside of the magwell and then still ended up removing material from the extensions.

Ditto, if I had to do over I would have just gotten the CZUB or CZC IPSC magwell.