Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK slide and a bomar

dskinsler83

• 4 weeks later...

I followed your lead and put a Bomar on my G35. I know we were both searching around for dimensions so I drew this from what I did. Factory Glock slide and a Dawson Precison sight. Hopefully help the next guy looking for info. This is what those dimensions look like, rear blade just at the back of the slide.

Kevin

ETA I made a basic 3d model as well if anybody wants it just pm.

th_5555C0F5-0811-4B7C-94E0-841277BE9435.

g35 bomar.pdf

Edited by kevinj308

It's been awhile but this was my first attempt at a Glock BoMar. I used a flat bottom BoMar on a few early installations, not sure if there is any sight comparable now. It was a pretty clean deal and worked well and stayed put. If anyone is interested I'll see if I can find the dimensions but it's pretty simple. If you have a mill you can make a flat bottom for your sight and attach it with a couple of machine screws to the slide. On the last pic I hadn't completed the clearance cut for the blade to move for windage adjustment.

glockbomar4.jpgglockbomar9.jpgglockbomar2.jpg

• 4 years later...
On 9/23/2014 at 3:16 AM, Ross Carter said:

It's been awhile but this was my first attempt at a Glock BoMar. I used a flat bottom BoMar on a few early installations, not sure if there is any sight comparable now. It was a pretty clean deal and worked well and stayed put. If anyone is interested I'll see if I can find the dimensions but it's pretty simple. If you have a mill you can make a flat bottom for your sight and attach it with a couple of machine screws to the slide. On the last pic I hadn't completed the clearance cut for the blade to move for windage adjustment.

glockbomar4.jpgglockbomar9.jpgglockbomar2.jpg

I want to do an install like this on a 17L slide, but how do you cut a pocket with square corners?

Wilson Combat makes an adjustable sight with a rectangular recoil lug on the bottom.  IIRC, a shallow 3/8" slot is all that's required.  Looks nice on a 1911 slide, but the Glock slides don't have the round profile on top, so it would look a bit odd screwed onto a large milled flat.

Edited by Suburban Commando

2 hours ago, dskinsler83 said:

Unless you have a CNC machine and small cutters or are REALLY good with a manual machine and small cutters to peck out the corners good luck. 

Although square corners can be cut with a rotary broach, I have to imagine that this is prohibitively expensive.  The company that sells them doesn't have prices listed.

I'm batting around a few ideas.  I might need to try a couple things on an aluminum mock slide before I attempt to cut a functional steel slide.  I think I can mill the corners with a 3/16" end mill, and hide the overcut corners with a bezel on a custom sight base, and have it not look like trash.  Or maybe I'll just give up on trying to be fancy, and do it the traditional way with a standard BCMS sight.