Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS Slide Racker Recommendations?

alma

I am thinking about putting a slide racker on my TS to make it easier to do all those empty chamber starts.

Leaning towards this one in aluminum but wanted to see if anyone else has recommendations. I figure it doesn't need to be long or angled since I am not clearing a scope.

p_375101100_1.jpg

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/slide-firing-parts/slide-hardware/slide-rackers/slide-racker-prod6821.aspx

I take it you have the LPA rear sight? The stock fixed rear sight makes a pretty great racker. Do you plan to cut a new dovetail in front of the rear sight? When I installed a thumb rest on my TS I bolted a racker to the rear sight just so it would sit right on table starts.

Right. adjustable rear. I was going to get someone to mill it in just in front of that. I thought I saw someone on here who had done that.

empty chamber starts are a pain and you have them almost every stage for the 3 Gun stuff around here. I am gearing up for the big FNH 3 Gun match in September.

I like my Shadow but just love shooting the TS. I bought magazine extensions for the Shadow but the trigger on the TS is just too good to pass up.

I actually replaced the one on my Czechmate with a Cheely. I bent it up at about a 30 degree angle. The reason being is that when I unholstered and took the safety off I would sometimes drive my thumb into the racker and it would mess up my grip. With it bent up I don't have that same issue. I never had this problem with my STI open gun, but with the slide in the frame on the cz the bore axis is lower and I hit it with my thumb.

I was looking at this earlier and since it would be in front office my rear sight I hope that won't be as big of an issue.

It will take a bit of work to get it fitting in my kydex holster though. Worst case it can run it on the right or take it off.

How are you liking that racker?

I have a Czechmate one on the way now and someone who can mill it in just in front of the rear sight.

Getting some cold feet today on the project as I know I will need some minor holster mods and a bit of practice.