Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XL650-hard to pull up on handle

I dump my brass in a large heavy duty zip lock bag, 200-250 pistol cases, spray OneShot in the bag for 5 seconds, seal the bag and roll the brass around for a minute, then it dry, with 556 brass I do exactly the same except i roll the brass against my bench to ensure complete coverage, ie no stuck cases, it's a fine line between too much OneShot and not enough, too much the finished rounds are sticky and require a quick tumble, too little on pistol no biggie, too little on rifle and stuck cases

• 3 weeks later...

For grins, I just tried the Maguire's car wash soap with the wax on the last batch of brass I tumbled. I loaded up about 50 rounds with this on my 650, followed by some brass that was just cleaned with dawn ... I could tell no difference. Back to One Shot for me!

So I've been organizing them with the plastic ammo trays like in the video that Razorfish linked and it works great, thanks to Razorfish by the way...

Then I lightly and quickly spray them with lube, let them dry, and dump into the hopper of my 650XL.

The thing runs like butter. No sticking at all. I love it.

But sometimes the inside of the case still isn't dry, and when I go to measure the powder on a random check, the powder sticks inside the case.

Is this a problem at all?

Is there a solution?

Edited by Scratchthejeepguy