Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are infrared screens worth it?

Do a search on the pro chrono digital. Lots of them being used by forum members. All seem to like theirs as much as I do mine. Mine is pretty much dead on when I get chrono'd at majors. They are a whole lot easier and faster to set up than the high end CED as well.

Short answer, in my opinion the pro chrono digital is the way to go

Although I've only used it once, the Pro Chrono Digital with IR screens worked extremely well indoors.

The group I shoot with has access to an indoor range, we've been using another make of Chrono and it has been a nightmare, and doesn't seem very consistent.

After one session with the Pro Chrono Digital/IR screen it was like night and day, much more consistent and much simpler to use indoors. Had almost identical results when recently Chrono'd at the IDPA NER, great investment IMHO!

~g

Specifically, the IR screens are required if shooting indoors under fluorescent lighting.

Not quite right.

The florescent lights have to be turned off, because the frequency of the flicker is the same as, or close to, the frequency of the sensor trigger i.

I use my Prochrono with the IR screens indoors under flourescent lightning all the time without issues. We are on 220V / 50 hertz though if that may matter.

That does make a big difference. Europe is 50hz and North America is 60hz.