Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Grip Enhancers

Quag

I have a G34 and I compete in IDPA and USPSA. I have large hands and I bought some grip stick on decals to help me grip it better. It helped but its not doing it for me. This was confirmed by a Master Class Shooter who said I really need to look into a better grip tape or whatever. I know Dawson sells some good grip enchancer but it does not wrap around the entire grip. I also want it to be legal in production IDPA and USPSA.

Any recommendations?

Thx

I went on a several months hunt for this kind of thing. by Far this is the best http://www.ericwesselman.com/ But you could wait 2 months to get it, you won't get ripped off but there is no contact. The pattern and fit is perfect, the grit is just right without taking meat off your hands. Full coverage on a glock.

Once I got this I found that the skate tape from a local board shop was very close in texture. Once I had the pattern I cut it from the skate tape I bought cheap. The skate tape I liked was the Jessup or the MOB brand.

I typically change the back piece 3-4 times before changing the front piece.

Be wary of tape that is too aggressive, it will remove meat from your hands and can allow a bad grip not to be corrected after the draw.

I bought a strip of MOB brand grip tape from my local board shop. A small strip on the front strap of my Springfield Range Officer, and it goes nowhere in my hand (my pistol has aggressive grips and mainspring housing, but a smooth front strap).

I know it's a different gun, but the post is more about the MOB tape specifically. It's the best balance of grippyness w/out taking skin off that I've found. I've applied some to my Glock before, but I learned about progrip lotion this past weekend and will be purchasing a bottle of it- WOW that stuff works well!

If you want basic grip tape, go w/ MOB and cut the pattern yourself (cheaper that way). If that's not enough, try some Progrip lotion. It surprised me.

Thanks guys I have decided to try out Talon Grip. I had the stick on decals that went on the side of the grip but did not have anything on the back and in between the finger grooves. The decals helped nut not enough. I think part of the solution is getting something on the back of the grip not just the sides.

I will try the skateboard stuff if the Talon does not work.

The safety walk tape works very well. I cut it for the sides of my glocks and cut strips for the finger grooves replace it twice a year. Also put a strip of it on the front strap of my 1911. It does not eat u your hands. A lot cheaper than precut

+1 for Talon

Yeah they're more pricey than skate tape but I like how it's cut specifically to my gun. Of course should I need more grip tape in the future I can always use the existing talon as a guide on cheap skate tape.

The Talon allows for a sure grip with sweaty hands while shooting in 90+ weather down here in TX

+1 for Talon

Yeah they're more pricey than skate tape but I like how it's cut specifically to my gun. Of course should I need more grip tape in the future I can always use the existing talon as a guide on cheap skate tape.

The Talon allows for a sure grip with sweaty hands while shooting in 90+ weather down here in TX

Thats my thought use Talon as a template, if I want to go with the skateboard tape. A fellow shooter up here has a skateboard tape job on his glock and to me it looks like he made a mess of it but it works for him. Here in New England we do not have the heat you have in Texas but in any case I find Glock Grips very smooth regadless of where you are. Also we shoot in the winter and getting a good grip in <25 deg F is a another discussion but parallel issues. when it is that cold and dry it gets pretty slippery.

• 2 weeks later...