Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW Disco problem Shadow CZ75

doubleforte78

I was very excited when my package from Cajun Gun works arrived. I orded the "Disco" disconnector for installation on my 9mm Shadow. The CGW website claims that the part drops in without fitting 90% of the time and I'm now assuming that I may be in that unlucky 10% After the difficult process of hammering the pin out of the original disconnector, I installed the CGW Disco, reassembled my pistol and voila... wonderfully crisp reset and zero overtravel.

Problem is... the trigger break with the Disco installed was very mushy and there was a millimeter or more of creep in the singel action press. Double action pull was very smooth and felt lighter, but if I pressed the trigger slowly, I could push the trigger all the way to the rear and the hammer would not fall. I uninstalled and reinstalled the parts with the same result. After going through 5 stages of grief, I put the origianl disconnector back in the gun and I'm back where I started with a nice crisp trigger break and miles of overtravel.

Anyone else have experience with the Disco in a Shadow or other 75 platform?

I can't help with this, but just a FYI if you are looking to reduce the overtravel. I have a 75 shadow, when I installed the pre B sear, it took out most of the overtravel, it's incredible.

Edited by Apexer

Yeah if tolerances all stacked up one way in your gun they can't really anticipate that.

I had a cz ub pre-b disco and even it needed some fitting to work in my cz.

Some over travel can be reduced using the over travel screw in the trigger. The disco mainly removes the sa pre travel.

It probably isn't take much to fix.

So I called the folks at CGW and they helped me troubleshoot over the phone. They advised to to color the disco with a Sharpie, install and remove it and check the ink on the disco for rubbing. The next step is to begin removing material. I've elected to send my gun to CGW for professional fitting. +1 for the excellent customer service at CGW.