Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

to anyone who has installed a kickoff in there beretta 1301(or other)

DoubleTap

• 2 months later...

Do you still have the original plastic stock insert and swivel insert? I am in need of those.

Mods, sorry if this needs to be moved, but there was a lot of discussion here about it, thanks

I replaced my 1301 stock with the A400 Xtreme (Mega Kick Off) stock, it seems like the way the stock came I needed to re-use the inserts for cast/drop as well as the butt pad from the original stock, the new stock didn't come with any of those. But I'll go check.

I have a 1301, and would like to add the Kick Off sytem. can you tell us what parts you used please? have asked this question in the UK, and keep getting the answer that it will not fit.

The 1301 is basically same receiver as A400 (from what I can tell from the 1301 mega thread), so you can swap stocks. I ordered Beretta # C8A437 from my local dealer, but as far as they (and Beretta) were concerned, I was ordering a A400 Xtreme replacement stock. Brownells lists this part (http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/stock-forend-parts/buttstocks/stock-black-syn-stock-black-syn-sku913-000-393-44996-102009.aspx), but I was on backorder for a month, my dealer got w/in a week for lower price, then I cancelled the Brownells B/O.

Here's a link to more on the discussion - apparently you can replace the stock (what I did) or add an insert (I have no experience with that): http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179930&page=10

Edited by trgt

B1301

The above is correct. The stock from the A400 Xtreme will bolt straight on and you're ready to R&R. Available from your local gun shop who should be able to order it from GMK. I was quoted in the region of £450 so be warned! :surprise:

HTH

Keith (not you, me ;) )

I installed Beretta stock # C87927

This is the Xtrema "Kick Off" that replaces the butt pad, but retains the factory buttstock. I bought it after discussing the issue with a Beretta tech.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/kick-off-system-xtrema-2/

I like it. It minimizes barrel movement during recoil and retains your sight picture better. It does add about 1/2" to the LOP.

Edited by GSonnen

Do you still have the original plastic stock insert and swivel insert? I am in need of those.

Mods, sorry if this needs to be moved, but there was a lot of discussion here about it, thanks

I replaced my 1301 stock with the A400 Xtreme (Mega Kick Off) stock, it seems like the way the stock came I needed to re-use the inserts for cast/drop as well as the butt pad from the original stock, the new stock didn't come with any of those. But I'll go check.

I have a 1301, and would like to add the Kick Off sytem. can you tell us what parts you used please? have asked this question in the UK, and keep getting the answer that it will not fit.

The 1301 is basically same receiver as A400 (from what I can tell from the 1301 mega thread), so you can swap stocks. I ordered Beretta # C8A437 from my local dealer, but as far as they (and Beretta) were concerned, I was ordering a A400 Xtreme replacement stock. Brownells lists this part (http://www.brownells.com/shotgun-parts/stock-forend-parts/buttstocks/stock-black-syn-stock-black-syn-sku913-000-393-44996-102009.aspx), but I was on backorder for a month, my dealer got w/in a week for lower price, then I cancelled the Brownells B/O.

Here's a link to more on the discussion - apparently you can replace the stock (what I did) or add an insert (I have no experience with that): http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=179930&page=10

Do you know of anyone who can shorten the Mega kickoff stock while keeping the system working?

Do you know of anyone who can shorten the Mega kickoff stock while keeping the system working?

The mega-kickoff system as I understand it has the butt pad directly connected to a plate going to a pair of internal springs, and then the rear of the stock and cheek piece isolated from the front via the hydraulic damper. So it would be pretty complicated to figure out where you can reduce the stock and not affect how the two components of the system are mounted. I don't know anyone, but I know someone who would be interested if someone has a way to do it.

Fitting the stock to you will probably reduce felt recoil more than bolting on another stock. Use the spacers to get the drop and cast right. That, along with the right length of pull will help tremendously. I shortened my Benelli way past where the soft factory pad would go back on, put in wood fillers and screwed a Pachmayr Decellerator pad to them. Messed with the cast spacers, added more (I'm at, roughly 5/16"), had to modify the rear steel plate that maintains the cast when you tighten the stock bolt and now have a gun that comes up perfectly, every time. I've shot 100 rounds in an evening of trap with no tenderness or bruises.

• 10 months later...

I'm the someone who would be interested. ;)

Shorten it to about twelve inch lop and put on a kick eez, I'd be great.

Take a look at Mesa Tactical. They just released their Urbino stock for the 1301. It is a PG stock, but it has a really nice short LOP (12") and you can add a limb saver to it. I just put one on my 1301 and it fits me much better than the OEM stock with the Kick-Off. I have short arms and the Kick-Off set up was just too long for me.

(If anyone is interested, my OEM stock + Kick-Off is for sale in the classifieds).

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/4/2019 at 11:53 PM, john77 said:

Hi,

I have a Beretta A400 Xcel wooden stock.

Can I fit it with a Beretta Kick Off Unit.

John

Can't answer your question, but this may help. Look on youtube for A400 Cast & Length of Pull Adjustment. The video shows an A400 wooden stock being disassembled with a kick off.

Bob

• 3 years later...

I have a Berretta A400 wood stock.   It has the stock butt routed out by the factory for Kickoff.  However, the kickoff doesn’t fit and the factory told me it needs final machining by a gunsmith for installation.  That being said, I haven’t found one that will do it.  It seems pretty simple and I may do it.   

has anyone done this?