Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American Select Minor Load

jacketjoed

I had a very hard time finding any loading data for 40 minor loads using this powder. With the current times of using what you find I figured I would post the load I worked up with American Select. I ran out of my normal powder and was able to find an 8lb jug of it so I started using it. I shoot a 5" 40 M&P with a stock barrel, here are the loads I tried out. I was looking for around 750 fps shooting 180 grain xtreme plated bullets.

All of these are 7 shot averages:

4.9 grains: 953

4.5 grains: 890

4.1 grains: 815

3.7 grains: 754

Hope this helps someone.

I was shooting 4.4 grains of unique for my production minor load at about 760 fps average and these feel a bit more mellow. Hotter loads didnt feel to bad, but not really having much to compare it against I couldn't tell you for sure. I thought they felt less snappy then a factory stuff. Also, my pistol is completely stock except for a trigger job so the loads would feel a lot different in a 2011.

It is a little bigger flake then the unique but i find that it meters a little better, I weighted about twenty random load so far and the have all been with in .1 of a grain.

I haven't really shot any groups with it yet, but I ran some drills with it last night and was able to keep all my shots in the head box at 15 yards as long as I did my part.

The minor load is awesome, less rise then with my minor 9 in the same gun, total powder puff. Was able to pull quite a few .12 splits and still keep it in the alpha. (im a B class shooter)

Edited by jacketjoed

• 4 weeks later...