Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

open Ruger 22/45 compensator

glocklover

I am currently using the Tandemkross comp on my 22/45 and have been very pleased with it's performance. At the Maryland State NSSF Championships last month I had two RO's tell me my gun was the first one they could really feel the blast coming off of the comp.

My review of the TK comp from the Steel Challenge forum...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=196116

I have a MaddMacs Precisions Tactical on mine. http://www.maddmacsprecisiontactical.com/lite-comp-2245l013.html

The comp you see in the link is for Lite. Mine is not a Lite. I wanted the same one in stainless for my 22/45. After talking with him, he made the same one out of stainless and it matches my barrel perfectly. I also like the 3 port design.

4_zps44c8a8c5.jpg

5_zpscc850e11.jpg

I have a MaddMacs Precisions Tactical on mine. http://www.maddmacsprecisiontactical.com/lite-comp-2245l013.html

The comp you see in the link is for Lite. Mine is not a Lite. I wanted the same one in stainless for my 22/45. After talking with him, he made the same one out of stainless and it matches my barrel perfectly. I also like the 3 port design.

4_zps44c8a8c5.jpg

5_zpscc850e11.jpg

Looks great. I think I'll go with that one.

Thanks for the help.

Don't mean to high jack, but I'm curious about thicker 22/45 grips. Anyone have suggestions? I'm fairly new to this "open" .22 concept, but I have the TS Comp because that's what came on my gently used TS upper. I like it except for the grip being a little on the slim side compared to my 2011; I would like the 22/45 grip to feel a little more similar.

Don't mean to high jack, but I'm curious about thicker 22/45 grips. Anyone have suggestions? I'm fairly new to this "open" .22 concept, but I have the TS Comp because that's what came on my gently used TS upper. I like it except for the grip being a little on the slim side compared to my 2011; I would like the 22/45 grip to feel a little more similar.

Any 1911 grip panels will fit on the 22/45. You will just need to trim them a little around the slide release. My gun has a set of VZ Operator II's on it and I like the extra thickness.

I got a set of Hogue coco bola palm swell grips.

They work well and add more width to the grip. Well worth it. Looks good to.

As a project some time I'm going to see if I can make an STI/SVI grip (airsoft) fit onto the 22/45.

Of course a lot of cutting/filing and shimming will be required. Perhaps someone here with experience could advise.

I'll add to the group that likes the MaddMacs. I had a slip on Volquartzen but it was heavy and somewhat large. Once I got a threaded barrel I went with the MaddMacs and have no regrets.

post-54627-0-31582800-1408509864_thumb.j

Edited by IHMSA15151