Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

opinions on Berry's plated bullets?

3djedi

The Berry's worked fine for me but they are expensive for what you get. I just went through 500 rounds of the Blue Bullets 180gr FPs and they worked great at a much cheaper price. I am stocked up with Rocky Mountain Reloading 180gr FPs (plated) because they will work in my bullet feeder.

I know it's not .40 or 10mm, but Berry's 124gr in 9mm have less-than-thrilling accuracy in my G34 and G17, and neither do the 185gr .45 in my Springfield. Not terrible, but definitely not great- and that seems to be very consistent across all their offerings. I can get them at-cost from time to time, and that's really the only reason I occasionally use them.

Edited by fwrun

I have used Berry's and liked them. But I have switched to the Extreme heavy plated and really like them. They are also running free shipping this month so I stocked up. Be fore warned the shipping is slow. They get them out the door quick but they have some deal with UPS that they move at a snails pace.

My wife shoots the 9mm 124 grain HBFP (Hollow Base Flat Point) thick plated. She uses them for production, but I know some guys that run these same bullets in 9mm Major/38 Super without problems. I run the .40 155 grain HBFP for Multigun/Steel and the 180 grain FP for USPSA. I have experienced no issues with accuracy or function. Have you all had specific problems with Berry's? Please tell me you have compared side by side with the exact load and noticed a problem. I have shot countless thousands of Xtreme bullets and probably twice as many Berry's. I even shot them using the same load side by side from a dead rest, I can't tell a difference in groupings. I say do your own tests and see if you can tell a difference, I bet you can't. I'd like to hear some results.

My wife shoots the 9mm 124 grain HBFP (Hollow Base Flat Point) thick plated. She uses them for production, but I know some guys that run these same bullets in 9mm Major/38 Super without problems. I run the .40 155 grain HBFP for Multigun/Steel and the 180 grain FP for USPSA. I have experienced no issues with accuracy or function. Have you all had specific problems with Berry's? Please tell me you have compared side by side with the exact load and noticed a problem. I have shot countless thousands of Xtreme bullets and probably twice as many Berry's. I even shot them using the same load side by side from a dead rest, I can't tell a difference in groupings. I say do your own tests and see if you can tell a difference, I bet you can't. I'd like to hear some results.

I have some 180g RS (round shoulder) Berry's and just ordered some xtreme 180g HP's. I'll try and do a side by side comparison and see if there is any noticeable difference.

If you are going to do testing make sure you eliminate all the variable; bullet shape, weight, OAL, crimp, and charge. Xtreme offers a RS also. From there you can expound and add in coated bullets or hollow points. I would love to see some results, keep us posted. If I had more time and variety of bullets I'd do it. I love doing experiments :devil:

I started with some Berrys for my very 1st reloads, seemed to do fine. I have been using Xtreme since then. I am very happy with them, I have purchased about 6000 bullets of different calibers.. I am just starting on 40 cal though, Cmax B)

• 2 weeks later...

The Berry's worked fine for me but they are expensive for what you get. I just went through 500 rounds of the Blue Bullets 180gr FPs and they worked great at a much cheaper price. I am stocked up with Rocky Mountain Reloading 180gr FPs (plated) because they will work in my bullet feeder.

I'm a big fan of RMR. They have some new heavy plated projectiles now. I haven't tried them yet, but their other stuff has been good.

Great shipping times as well.

Bottom line is if you do the right load development and set up the loader correctly most stuff will run great and accurate. With exception of lead thru a stock glock barrel. With that said happy loading and shooting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk