Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New dot sight- Which one?

Ed Robinson

Thank you Ed.

May I ask which eye has the Astigmatism, for me it's my master eye and that's my shooting eye even though I always have both eyes open.

For what ever reason the old style Holo Sights I have work great, just go to see if they can be serviced.

But if found the web page you quoted and its there.

Will you be at the matches in Bedford in 3 weeks?

Thank you again

Russell

I have it in both about the same amount. Sorry I wont be in Bedford.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, shot the first match Sat with the new Burris. So far, So good. The sight worked wonderfully. I still have a little bit of starburst around the dot due to my astigmatism, but with the smaller dot, the starburst is smaller, so its manageable. I had my gun puke on the barricade so my score was off a bit, but overall I'm happy with the sight. Will post updates on how its holding up down the road.

Ed

• 5 years later...

FYI only

I know this is an OLD POST....but wanted to mention that I recently had corrective lenses made to correct an astigmatism.  Funny is that the "red dot" image in a less expensive Tasco scope was not as distorted as with the UltraDot 30mm 4 moa I bought ( and a Leupold red dot).  Took the UltraDot to the eye exam and they allowed me to hold it in front of the test lenses. Now have a round dot!  

On 17 April 2020 at 10:37 PM, Lower40 said:

FYI only

I know this is an OLD POST....but wanted to mention that I recently had corrective lenses made to correct an astigmatism.  Funny is that the "red dot" image in a less expensive Tasco scope was not as distorted as with the UltraDot 30mm 4 moa I bought ( and a Leupold red dot).  Took the UltraDot to the eye exam and they allowed me to hold it in front of the test lenses. Now have a round dot!  

Once I used to take a bag full of guns and one pair of glasses to the range....now I take one gun and a bag full of glasses !

Sure would have liked to try the Burris SpeedDot 135 with 5 MOA dot...but they are no longer made? Haven't read any negative posts about the scope...wonder why they stopped producing them.  Don't even see used ones for sale.

I bought an Aimpoint Carbine Optic....looks identical to the Comp C3....the 2 minute dot is small but very bright. I got glasses made that allow me to see the dot and the target. Seems to be working. Once the close down is gone I will experiment some more.

I'm building an NRA Action  Pistol (a revolver) and am very pleased with the UltraDot 30MM 4 MOA. Built my own sight base and wish I could give the old Burris 135 5 MOA a try because I have minimal ring space choice.  The Burris and UltraDot have similar external dimensions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/1/2020 at 8:40 AM, Lower40 said:

Burris SpeedDot

Was this the model which would flicker and/or go out during recoil because of a weak battery spring?    There was a rash of problems experienced by the Bedford crew that made some switch away from Burris? (If I Remember Correctly)

2 hours ago, Griz said:

Was this the model which would flicker and/or go out during recoil because of a weak battery spring?    There was a rash of problems experienced by the Bedford crew that made some switch away from Burris? (If I Remember Correctly)

Thanks...an old post anyway..I have a couple of Ultradot Matchdot II that seems to be holding up well.