Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Nimitz

Mag extension for Browning Buckmark mags

Anyone know if anyone makes a magazine extension for Browning Buckmark mags? It doesn't need to add extra capacity to the mag, just make it longer so the mag extends below the bottom of the grip.

I use Wilsons .625 extended polymer basepads on my Buckmark magazines. Drill and tap the Magazine base with a good carbide drill bit because they are surface hardened, once past the surface hardening they are pretty soft. I use two 4-40 x .25 panhead screws to mount the Wilson basepads. You will have to shave off the raised 'toe' of the polymer Wilson basepads.

There's a couple threads over on Rimfire Central just search for "BM competition modifications"

Nolan

I use 1/2" thick rubber, ground to the right shape and super glued to the base. I have some that have been that way for 4 or 5 years...

really? Cool, I need to go look. The Wilsons will certainly work, I just need to find someone who could drill & tap ...

just looked at them & they look good but there is no info on how tall they are. Anyone have one and can tell me their height? Thx