Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suppressor wraps for constant fire

hax

I am new to the suppressor world but have looked at Ironworks and Tab. Both companies do not recommend using their suppressor wraps for long strings of 5.56 fire.

Im hoping someone has a working wrap that will work for up to full auto. I know we had some in the army but im not sure what company made them.

Any suggestions would be great.

If it matters, The suppressor I am waiting on is the SilencerCo Saker 7.62

Thank you.

Edited by hax

Wraps (mirage cover) help keep heat from radiating up and creating air distortions (mirage) in your sight path, which can be important for long range shooting, particularly with a scope.

The downside to a mirage cover is that too much trapped heat will start to create problems with the suppressor itself. Some suppressors are more prone to problems than others. Best bet is to call and ask the suppressor manufacture and get their recommendations.

Edited by Graham Smith

i contacted silencer co and they said the wrap will not damage the can. I asked them for recommendations and they said they dont have any, but I should go for high quality. So here I am again, anyone out here with some experience and know any brand that I can use for longer strings of fire without catching on fire. Both Tab and Ironworks say to not use on an AR platform due to it getting too hot.

That's why I said go to the manufacturer of the can. The makers of the covers are going to advise against using them in a rapid fire situation because a suppressor cover can actually get too hot and start to melt.

The TAB gear cover is certainly well made and well spoke of, but I'm not sure I would want to use it in your case. In fact, I'm not sure why you would want to use one for a rapid fire AR

Im new to the suppressor world so im not sure if the mirage thing is that big of deal but i do like to transition from short to long distances. hopefully being able to shoot rapidly at short and go long about 300-500 yards.

Thank you. You're the first person with a solution instead of just knocking me out. Their silicone ones do look like they might just do the trick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The TAB SAS-1 is a good choice. As soon as you are done shooting you can peel it off to let your can cool down. I still have a couple TAB covers.

The best cover going right now is made by Armageddon Gear. More aimed at the bolt gun shooters than 3-gunners.