Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr Bulletfeeder giving out

it appears the motor is the weak link... the motor was replaced on my Mr Bullet feeder just under a year old... sure hate to see this kind of problems with a Mr Bullet Feeder..

if the motor goes out again... I will look to another brand of bullet feeder...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Wow. Old thread. 

So, earlier this year, I noted my older ones don’t go nearly as fast as a new one. I tried to order just the new motor on their website but it was no longer there. I called and they told me they only sell them if you show proof you bought a MBF. Had to track down an old receipt from Midwayusa.

They apparently got sick of folks buying just the motor and die and building a 3D printer BF. 

2 hours ago, DJRyan13 said:

Wow. Old thread. 

So, earlier this year, I noted my older ones don’t go nearly as fast as a new one. I tried to order just the new motor on their website but it was no longer there. I called and they told me they only sell them if you show proof you bought a MBF. Had to track down an old receipt from Midwayusa.

They apparently got sick of folks buying just the motor and die and building a 3D printer BF. 

I had to take pictures of the MBF and motor. Mine is from 2012 so Saul says it probably just failed from time and use. Charging me $25ish for a new one

19 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I had to take pictures of the MBF and motor. Mine is from 2012 so Saul says it probably just failed from time and use. Charging me $25ish for a new one

Yeah, cheap money though. Guessing you got your money’s worth. I know I have on mine. I ended up buying two motors (one as backup) as the shipping wasn’t different. 😄

20 minutes ago, DJRyan13 said:

Yeah, cheap money though. Guessing you got your money’s worth. I know I have on mine. I ended up buying two motors (one as backup) as the shipping wasn’t different. 😄

Thinking I’ll get two as well

47 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Thinking I’ll get two as well

Another thing I ordered was the spring that flips the bullet knocker (not sure the name but it’s attached to hopper and knocks crooked bullets before they go down the chute). I am sure there is a cheaper aftermarket somewhere but haven’t found it. Mine wore out really bad on one of mine. It’s overlooked a lot as a problem.

Edited by DJRyan13

I just got one. Not thrilled with it. The Mr Bulletfeeder rep that I emailed regarding the feeder problems didn't even bother to return my emails, so I will be selling that POS thing as soon as possible! 

9 minutes ago, Styro said:

I just got one. Not thrilled with it. The Mr Bulletfeeder rep that I emailed regarding the feeder problems didn't even bother to return my emails, so I will be selling that POS thing as soon as possible! 

Who did you email? I emailed and Saul Kirsch answered personally and he is half way around the world from here. He replied within a few hours and is getting me squared away. What problems are you having that are maybe not operator error? Youtube has a fix it video for every potential problem an MBF can have. Here is a good email if you need help: info@doublealpha.biz

Mr Bullet Feeder is far from being a POS. How much do you want for it?

21 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Who did you email? I emailed and Saul Kirsch answered personally and he is half way around the world from here. He replied within a few hours and is getting me squared away. What problems are you having that are maybe not operator error? Youtube has a fix it video for every potential problem an MBF can have. Here is a good email if you need help: info@doublealpha.biz

Mr Bullet Feeder is far from being a POS. How much do you want for it?

Lol you called early dibs!

37 minutes ago, Styro said:

Maybe someone here can walk you through it.

1 hour ago, RePete said:

I have the KISS Bulletfeeder, the forerunner of the Mr Bulletfeeder,  from 2007, and still have the original motor and no issues.

It's a great piece of kit - STILL.

Same here!

17 hours ago, Styro said:

I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone call the MBF a POS.  And I'll strongly disagree.  If you're having problems, it's either a lemon and should be replaced or user error.

Don't know about the MBF motor, but most small motors of this ilk are cheaply made in China/Malaysia/Taiwan/etc. and it's not that unusual to get a bad batch.  They're generally prohibitively expensive unless ordered in quantities of at least 1,000 so if you get a bad run it's a royal pain in the tuchus for the product manufacturer - been there, have the scars.  But it's rare to find US made small motors and if you do it will add 30+% to your selling price.  Unfortunately a bad batch of components of any kind can destroy an otherwise excellent product reputation since customers blame tend to the seller and often assume the total product is junk.  Quick responsive customer service is the only way to salvage an otherwise bad situation and it sounds like MBF is on board with that!  IMHO, even though it was expensive, my MBF is some of the best money I've spent on reloading equipment.  I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!  

• 1 month later...

DAA also asked me for proof of ownership when I inquired about purchasing a new wiring harness for my MBF I purchased used form a friend. I snapped a picture of mine and emailed it. Those tiny AWG wires got damaged during shipping/setup. I spliced on a new connector, but sometimes it will short and bypass the cutoff lever so I ordered a new one to replace the next time I take the bullet feeder down. It was like $9-11 I think shipped. It seems no replacement parts are listed on the site, but I bet with verification they will sell any of them to a MBF owner upon request. 

Also for anyone not aware, DAA is now shipping from PA so they must have an office/warehouse there. I was surprised and pleased by this. No more shipping from the Netherlands when I need something direct from them.

I run my MBF on half or just over half speed. It's plenty fast enough for the 650 and there is no need to work it any harder than that.

Just bought my first MBF (USED)to go on the new RL1100.  While bench testing and checking proper flip for my Zero 147 JHP, the motor started to fail by getting hot and slowing down substantially.  Called DAA and all they asked was what date code was stamped on the motor.  Was 20121122; or 11/22/2012.  So I was a bit shocked with the motor being that old.  Come to find out it, the age of my MBF was estimated to be 5-6 years old.

All in all this has been as excellent learning experience as I've been able to do some trouble shooting while learning the intricate features and operation of the MBF!  And, moving forward, I have ordered the new motor/gearbox assembly, which IMO is very reasonably priced at $24.50.  Also needed a new Dislodge Arm Spring which was N/C. 

Ordered a Collator Nose Guide Spacer Set since there was only one with the machine; and after talking with Rick K., I went ahead and upgraded to the new Pro Dropper Assembly.

Have to say while dealing with Tom at DAA, he provided me with Excellent Customer Service!  Highly recommend anyone needing MBF support, to ask for Tom in Sales and Technical Support!

👍👍

Edited by HOGRIDER
SP