Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr Bulletfeeder giving out

Guys,

I have noticed that by the time I finish a reloading session (I load 400 rounds at a time), my Mr. Bulletfeeder starts to give out.

It will slowly turn (or just stop) even with no bullets in the hopper. If I remove the plate, it still will not turn. The power light on the cord will be very dim and flicker.

However, if I come back in 2 hours, it works fine.

The first time it gave out was at about 400 rounds. The next time 350. The latest time it was only 300 rounds in.

Has anyone seen this before? Troubleshooting in the manual has nothing on this.

My best guess is that it is overheating. Maybe a wire inside, maybe just some gunk or debris but something may be causing the motor to overheat. I use mine up to 2,000 rounds at a time. Have never had a problem.

Google Mr Bullet Feeder, not the Double Alpha guys but you can find the original site. Email Rick and ask for his help. He designed and built this puppy. Really a nice guy as well.

Ken

:cheers:

• 5 months later...

Add me to the list. Motor gave up after 6000 rounds purchased the unit in September 2014 from Shooters Connection. I've emailed Rick who I understand is the developer and Double Alpha Academy who made improvements. My motor just started turning very slow even when empty. From what I see posted in this thread my problem is similar. I hope I hear back from Rick or DAA soon.

There was an issue with a run of Motors from a vendor they no longer buy from. If you email DAA, and tell them what is wrong they will ship you a new motor, it is not hard to replace and it fixes this issue.

I know I had to do it twice with two that I bought around the same time.

is the developer and Double Alpha Academy who made improvements.

Oh, those "improvements"! :)

I have two pre-DAA bulletfeeders, and they have been rock solid.

I think that the dropper ass'y is a HUGE improvement. The collator? Not so much. I have an original KISS and I've replaced the droppers in both 9 and 40, but that collator just hums right along. I've only blown a fuse in it once.

After some time, the nylon parts in the original droppers started sticking and would sometimes drop nothing/sometimes dump everything. I think that the all-metal new version should be more reliable in the long term.

Both Rick and DAA got back to right away. Great customer service. Received an email from DAA saying a new motor will be shipped to me. Downer part is the 10 to 14 business days. But still happy with both responses I received. Thank you.

Rick has always been super-responsive. Actually, so has been the DAA - in my experience they never ran away from the issues. In my case Saul went an extra mile, so you can feel safe with those guys!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My motor went Kaput too. Contacted Mr Bullet Feeder, he told me to contact my dealer which was CED. They then put me a new motor int he mail that day. Well, now USPS has lost it so I guess they will have to send me another.

What I am worried about the most is when I took the boot off the motor the wires were pinched over the sleeve and not running down the void as they should have been. This could be a source for a spark or short which would make a bad day. Please check your bullet feeders to see how your wires are run and they are not being pinched with the plastic sleeve covering the motor on your bullet feeder.

• 2 months later...

Mine died after about 1.5 year and 30,000 rounds. Was told to buy a replacement motor...

D AA has some nicely designed products out there,but the quality is comparable to chinese cheapo from the 90's. Everything from holsters to electronics is of glamorous design but poor quality and with constant glitches. I guess a price of being on the bleeding edge of R&D. Or its the business model...