Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installed Pre-B Disconnector, Now Trigger Doesn’t Work!

Gurkha

Hi,

I started adding a few parts to my new Shadow Line.

I put in the 13lb mainspring, extended firing pin with Rami spring and the Pre-B disconnector. I am new to the CZ so it took me a little bit to get everything figured out but eventually I was able to get it all back together with the pre-b disconnector installed.

With the frame by itself, everything seemed to be working normally, the safety worked and the trigger worked, I tested it by pulling the trigger and holding the hammer so it wouldn't fall without the slide on.

As soon as I put the slide back on, the trigger would no longer work. The hammer is fully cocked from putting the slide back on but when I try to pull the trigger there is a very tiny bit of movement then it is solid, it won’t budge or drop the hammer.

I took it back apart and put it back together about 4 times. Every time, the trigger worked with the slide off but as soon as I put the slide on it would no long work.

Does anyone know what could be wrong and how I could fix this?

Thank you

Don't be discouraged, you're on your way to the perfect reset! You need to remove some metal to allow the trigger to come forward far enough to reset.

You should be able to put the slide back on with the hammer at half cock, can you then pull the trigger DA?

Okay, I took it apart again and am not home, I'll head home and put it back together and test if it will work at half cock.

How do it determin how much metal to take off and where to take it off?

What should I use to remove the metal? A small file or?

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191773

There's some useful disco modification talk at the bottom of the first page and on the fourth page.

You can either remove metal (slowly using a fine file) from the back of the disco wedge, or the foot of the sear, or a combination of both to get the SA to reset. The more you take from the sear the shorter the reset, but if you go too far with the sear you can cause issues... It's a fine line :ph34r:

The safe way to do it is to take everything from the disco, the only downside is a longer reset.

Wow, this sounds pretty intense! Thanks for the link, that is a big help, definitely could have used that when I was trying to take it apart and put it together by trial and error.

I have a different hammer on mine, it is the one that comes on the Shadow Line from the Czech Republic, I am not sure if that makes any difference.

You were correct, if I half cock it when I put the slide on then I can pull the trigger in double action, if I cock the hammer I can also pull the trigger in single action, as soon as it resets (if I rack the slide) then the trigger is dead, it won't move/reset.

I took a look at the disco wedge and it is significantly thicker then the stock disco. It looks like I would have to take off a ton of material, and I am also not sure if I should do the whole surface evenly or what. This is definitely intense for me! haha

I took a look at the disco wedge and it is significantly thicker then the stock disco. It looks like I would have to take off a ton of material, and I am also not sure if I should do the whole surface evenly or what. This is definitely intense for me! haha

Gurka,

The thickness is what gives you a shorter reset than factory, so if you make it as thin as the stock disco, you'll have the same slack in the reset as it did before; you will likely only need to remove a small amount of material from the top back corner of the wedge (if that makes sense?).

Okay, so the top back corner of the wedge would be the inside corner of the L shape?

So far I am doing a little bit with a file, then testing it then a bit more and testing it, so far no reset but I figure this is a safe way to do it.

Thank so much for all the help!

Awesome! Thanks so much atlas, it works, I did it!

I almost feel like I didn't need to take as much off the last time I went back at it with a file but oh well, it works and the trigger reset is the shortest and nicest of any pistol I own. Should I smooth the surface up a bit with some really fine grit sand paper? I don't want to go too crazy with the polishing cause it is an IPSC Production gun and I don't want to make it illegal.

The DA seems pretty nice I think. The pistol started with an over 12LB DA pull (that is as high as my trigger gauge reads so I don't know what the actual weight was). That surprised me for a Shadow Line I though the DA pull would we lighter from the factory and the SA was 3lbs 11oz. Now with the CZ 13lb mainspring and new disco installed the DA is 8lbs 11oz and the SA is 3lbs. I haven't done any polishing or "de-burring"

I'll have to read the rules again before I go to crazy with that!

I think IPSC has a minimum trigger pull weight doesn't it?

5# min for the first shot. No wonder the DA/SA dominate, just one 5# pull, then <2# for the rest of the stage as apposed to a 5# Glock trigger :sick:

Edited by kneelingatlas

I think IPSC has a minimum trigger pull weight doesn't it?

5# min for the first shot. No wonder the DA/SA dominate, just one 5# pull, then <2# for the rest of the stage as apposed to a 5# Glock trigger :sick:

yep. :)

especially when you consider these stats.

the average 2 day IPSC lvl 2 or lvl 3 match has 12 stages (6 short, 4 med, 2 long) for around 250 rounds. sometimes more like 280

of those 12 stages at least 2 will be unloaded starts which means on those stages there is no DA shot at all.

so you're left with 10 shots DA for the whole match. and 240+ in SA.

improving the DA is a good idea, but at the end of the day it accounts for such a small amount of shots fired in an IPSC match. hence why the comp hammer is worthwhile. it does nothing for DA but does improve the SA creep/break.

• 3 years later...

Having similiar issue. First off huge cz fan as well as cz clones ie: tanfoglio, tristar, and iwi. Recently came into posession of a few old iwi bul storms older but almost exact cz 75 clone. Refinished and cerakoted first one and when slide is off trigger funtions great half cock locks full cock and crisp trigger break. ( obviously dont let it fall without slide on) the second the slide is in place will not lock in half cock and when slide is racked it follows slide all the way back tolowered position. Any thoughts?

ATLAS  is  the man when it comes  to  CEEZEE's...he  did  a  lot of  research  and testing ;  and  his  fleet of  tac sports  is  awesome .  when i got my  2  tac sports,i  only   relied on his  work  to  build  my triggers.  his  advices  worth  gold  litterally,and  we're  very lucky  to  have this  guy around  here.

Edited by sigsauerfan