Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Locking Block Loose - FS 9mm

ToneSurfer

I noticed that the locking block was loose in my M&P 9mm. I made a video of the problem here (really visible at :38 seconds):

s893.photobucket.com/user/tonesurfer/media/MP%20Locking%20Block/LooseLockingBlock.mp4.html

It's been to S&W and they sent it back saying they replaced the roll pins and that the movement is "normal". I don't think it is "normal" for the roll pin to be wobbling about in the frame hole. This would indicate that the roll pin is wobbling in the hole in the internal steel frame chassis OR the chassis itself is loose, would it not? I called BS and am sending it back a second time.

NOTE: I've never taken the roll pins or blocks out. Gun has about 7500 rounds thru it.

Edited by ToneSurfer

I don't see the coil pin moving. I do see the locking block moving a bit. Looks like it is rotating on the pin. If it were my gun I would take the block out and see that the pin hole is not wallowed out (just install the pin in the block outside the frame).

Would be nice to try a new block ($15) but they don't seem to be available.

Edited by mcracco

• 4 weeks later...
S&W called me yesterday after I have sent the gun back for a second time. Their story is still NOTHING wrong and the gun meets their specs. The CS rep says he went and inspected several other M&P that were in for repairs and several of them exhibited the same behavior.

They didn't have an explanation for why my fellow shooters don't have guns with the problem.

I told them I was unhappy but they really could give a ****.

Gun is coming back with no repair.

That settles it for me. My M&P Pro purchase is going to become a Glock 34.

I haven't had that issue with the locking block but my sear housing block is rotating on one of my frames.. It is now in the junk pile, I am sorry but if it wasn't moving and now is something has changed.