Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Member to the Czechmate Family!

kitestir

I received my used Czechmate from Buds today, I must say that I am more then happy! If it has even been shot I cannot tell! There are no marks at all on the mags or followers and the magwell has no scratches at all! I can't wait to get it to the range!

20140723_200003_zps90cf5595.jpg

20140723_200102_zps55ea39fb.jpg

20140723_200131_zps5d5b13e3.jpg

20140723_200201_zps40ac676e.jpg

Price was just south of $2700. Took it to the range today and ran a few rounds through it. I put 100 rounds of 124 CMJ MG over 7.7 and 7.8 grains of Silhouette. It ran flawlessly. I brought my chrono but forgot the cable for the display so I couldn't chrono the loads. This same load in my old STI open gun was about 170 pf and were a bit longer (1.165-1.170 for the sti and I ran the CZ at 1.158-1.160.) so I am assuming I was in the mid 175 PF range. No signs of pressure except a little in the primer but was using federals so I expected that. I ran the big stick maxed to 26 rounds and a 9mm mag with a CZ base and grams spring/follower from my TS loaded to 23 rounds. Both ran wioth no issues. Groups were about 1.5-2 in offhand at about 15 yards.

I also ran some minor loads I had. They were 125 gr zero JHP over 4.1 grains titegroup loaded to 1.100. These also ran exceptionally well. It was like shooting a .22! LOL The one thing i did notice was that with the minor loads I could see the dot dip low big time as the slide returned. I will have to play with the springs if I decide to shoot minor for 3 gun etc... Total round count was about 150 with no issues at all. I just put an order in to CZ Custom for spring/follower kits, a couple more big stick and bases to get me to 29 rounds.

A question for other Czechmate/CZ open guys- Have you run any of the new Blu bullets or Blabk Bullets Int. through them and how have they help up. I am going to order some more bullets and was looking at those because of the price and recent talk of people using them with success in open guns.

BBI's are fine to run in it. I was running 6.8WAC under a 125RN at 1.150 for a 173 PF. It was flat for sure. Good but in that one. I would like to hear how it was "used". :)

The CZC basepad and 13 coil spring will for sure get you to 29 in the 170 magazine and is super reliable.

Edited by mike_pinto