Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Sandbagger123

RN or FP for 200 grain 40

i been looking to buy some 200 grain 40's in coated. i noticed that most of the companies offer the RN and only one has a FP. never used a RN 40 before. Has anyone noticed any accuracy difference between 200 gr FP and RN bullets

The only difference between the 2 is the shape of the nose. I have been using the Blue FN with great success but I don't see where the nose profile would make much of a difference either way.

I think the profile matters in the feeding process. I use BBI 200grn bullets never had an issue in any gun I shot them from and they are cheaper then Blue Bullets.

Been using 200 gr RN Bayou's with great success.

Accuracy is outstanding

the BBI 200 gr bullet should be accurate as well since in theory anyway it has more bearing surface on the lands and groves so shouldn't have any problems being accurate.

I want to try some of his bullets and I'm getting ready to order a mixed case of 9's, 40's and 45's. I like messing with stuff but often don't change things unless there is a significant upside.

the other advantage is if I can't get my favorite bullet I've already got load data to go with for the others

I've found Bayou, SnS, MG and HAP's all excellent bullets in all the calibers I've used them in FTIW

I think the profile matters in the feeding process. I use BBI 200grn bullets never had an issue in any gun I shot them from and they are cheaper then Blue Bullets.

99% of all bullets meant for .40 use are RFN or just FN. There is no feeding issue. I am not selling Blue Bullets but they are cheaper for me because I pick them up locally and pay no shipping. BBI offers their .40 caliber bullets in .400 diameter, this will not work in my guns and causes barrel fouling. It costs $10.00 extra to get them sized to the .401 I need so they are not cheaper for me in any case. $114.00 per K against Blue's $94.12 per K in the diameter that works for me.

Edited by bowenbuilt

So if you never had an issue with RFN or FN what does it matter? Besides the original question was which bullet profile is more accurate. I answered that question, he didn't ask about which profile fed better.

Edited by bowenbuilt

FP. They feed just as well and punch much better holes. I highly doubt you would notice a difference in accuracy unless you shot past 100yds...