Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broke down and bought a Dillon... My wife's gonna kill me!

I've been looking but no POWDER to be found. Looking for IMR or Vita what'cha call it...

I just bought 8 lbs of "Vita what'cha call it" (N320) from Recobs this morning.

I wanted something for .45 ACP, .40, and 9mm.

Hope I did the right thing!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just took the plunge. Went all out on the 650 in 223. Had a friend that has two of them give me pointer's on what to get with the 650. I get delivery this Saturday. Soon to add a conversion kit for 45acp.

These forums are a great help.

Edited by HotRod61

• 2 weeks later...

I recently got one as well and I use the spare time excuse. Now while she takes a bath I can pump out a couple hundred rounds before she even gets out. However I'm having a issue with my col varying from 1.138 and 1.153. Everything is tight and the only think I haven't tried that I recently read about on here is the powder funnel is down to far so i need to reduce the bell a little. Hope that works. I'm using xtreme 165 9mm bullets

Why do guys have wives who don't shoot? You get so much more out of everything that you share.

Time apart makes time together that much more precious. At least that's what I say when I leave her with the boys (2&4) to head out for a match, and what she says when she leaves them with me to do whatever it is women do for fun.

Although we do shoot trap together sometimes.

Why do guys have wives who don't shoot? You get so much more out of everything that you share.

There's something to that, but in my experience, wives and their equipment need some care and feeding too that can distract from your own performance. My wife doesn't shoot, but we raced motorcycles together for years. That was fun, and we traveled to a bunch of big national events (and she won some of them), but it's nice to only have to worry about me when it comes to shooting.

Fortunately my wife doesn't care how much I spend on shooting stuff (and I wouldn't care if she did). I spend more on fine wine and garden stuff than I do on shooting.

My wife always gives me the excuse that it's to expensive for her to shoot too and if it's not that excuse it's that I never take her shooting. It's funny because I always ask her if she wants to go shoot with me.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll second that. Mine went down to closer to 40%.

My SO was there when I got my 550 and just about all of my reloading gear so she knows what I paid for it, but she also knows that she can shoot more as a result. Double brownie points :cheers:

Edited by Lazr111

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I tell my wife I'll be buying a Dillon when she looks at my pails of brass, and she's all like, "When are you gonna buy that thing?"

( 21st century culture is destroying my English. )

Edited by GunBugBit

Moto is exactly right, if you wife shoots you'll be spending time on her equipment & helping her get ready, etc which takes away from the time you need .... now if you're just out to have fun and don't really care about your performance it's all good. But for people like Moto & I who are hell bent on world domination in shooting I'm glad not to have the added distractions. And for the record I invited my wife many time to try Steel Challenge shooting & we even went so far as to get a holster, mags & belt for her but she always had something else come up on a match weekend so I finally took the hint and stopped inviting her ....

oh, and I spend whatever I need to on shooting & she spends what she wants on the things that interest her .... we don't really worry what things cost ....

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...